1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR] Event Server Exploits/Glitching

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by erik, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erik

erik MG Donor

Hello,

Multiple blog posts, threads, announcements, and warnings have been given.

I personally gave 2 direct warnings today and some gamers continued to exploit/glitch the tanks. The rewards are very high and very unique. I'm not gonna re-explain the rules, because we all know them.

There is no choice left going forward. Anyone caught doing this will be banned for the duration of the event or longer.

Do not ruin the fun for everyone else. Please report abuse if you see it.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Event has been canceled guys. There's too much exploiting and we can't have a cop on the server 24/7 looking out.

I'm sorry for the good willing players who I'm sure are the majority but from now on we will only run it at certain times when an admin is around and it will be shut down when there isn't.

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

4 players have been temporary banned for exploiting. We will look at all other accounts that played during the time they were cheating and see if there are any excessive wins related to the exploits and make adjustments accordingly.

For the 4 players that got banned, their level has been cut in half (some of them lost 100 levels), their entire inventory was wiped and all their gems, candy and/or unique buff slots have been wiped as well.

This is the first time we do a level punishment like this but we have no choice since nobody seems to care about a week ban anymore as long as they can keep their stuff.

So you see, it doesn't pay to exploit. We'll just take back what you won + 10 times more and you'll get a ban on top of that.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

UPDATE:

It appears that some gamers thought we were joking or calling the community's bluff. We were not. We already had multiple threads, announcements, and chatbox warnings. I warned the entire server twice yesterday, when one of these gamers was most likely there. Marvel posted below to explain what's going on.

Obviously, it is a silly, major problem that the exploits continued. So here's what is going to happen.

Let us say upfront... the concern on the part of the PR gamers who all, unsolicited, came to us with demos, is amazing! We appreciate you guys standing up for the server and keeping it clean, fair and fun. Thank you. We know no one enjoys doing this, by the way, and that you just want to play. As admins, similarly, we hate doing these kinds of bans, but these are real problems that require real solutions. Examples have to be made, unfortunately.

Effective immediately, LunaRadeon [?.?] & ?GOTH LOLI? ?? L? have chosen to forfeit their PR stats and accounts. The people who forced our hands will have to start from square one going forward. That is our judgement.

If you are one of the gamers who are part of this problem at any given point, do not bother posting in the level loss thread.

Let's enjoy the rest of the event, and as usual... do not hesitate to come to the admin team with concerns. It's your right to expect a fair and fun server without anyone purposely trying to sabotage things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.