1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Possible drop item command

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Guest, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So I was just thinking, it would be nice being able to type !drop or /drop in chat to be able to drop your currently held item. I've seen it on other servers and it seems to work fine. I ask this for a few main reasons:

1. With my three free weapons clan buff, I can give the three away as opposed to having to hold onto one, as I don't use primary weapons much at all. (Veteran Pistols FTW)

2. When about to leave a map early, I can just drop all my stuff so it doesn't get wasted.

3. If I accidentally grab someone else's First Aid Kit or Defibrillator I can always drop it to give it back.

2. The Munsters

The Munsters MG Donor

descent thing to do to drop someone else's accidentally picked up medkit or defib but what if gets stolen once again indecently !!!

Better still toss it to the rightful owner in the same manner as pills :)

3. Trafalgar [☠]

Trafalgar [☠] Junior Member

Mute playing on other servers? Kill this impostor!!1!One!

Other than that, can be useful from time to time and should be simple to implement, so why not.

4. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a good idea in my opinion, a lot of other source engine games have the weapon drop button unlike l4d. And a command such as !drop or !dropitem would be just fine as it's easy to write, and even easier when bound to a specific button.

+1 from me, would be delighted to see such feature as it's not implemented into the game itself.

5. Penguin

Penguin Guest

its actually quite surprising that this feature isnt already part of the game, as tom said it is in other source engine games like counter strike for example and would become useful to drop things such as medkits/defibs.

for the clan buff that allows you to spawn 3 weapons i dont think it would make much of a difference because already in you spawn 3 guns it will drop 2 of them on the floor for you and you will be holding the 3rd.

i do like this idea though