1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Portuguese lang + location

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Scoep, Oct 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Scoep

Scoep Member

Hello,

I'm Scoep, an old player. I'm a little ahead of the season's attempt to create servers in Brazil.

At that time we had several people who speak the Portuguese language. Currently I am a casual player and am playing more recently.

I have some ideas of "Location". As currently have many contacts in the area, I think I can help much. I'm an expert in that, since I work in the Brazilian team RaidCall as Technological Evangelist.

My idea is to help the server to the extent possible, and hopefully make some kind of partnership.My main idea is to translate the panel control at first. So we can have a community that speaks Portuguese (both Portugal and Brazil [And other places and people who speak Portuguese course]), I am available to translate all system (Tips, Quests, etc).

At the time I started to play compared to today I saw a lot has changed. Many news. And whenever I play L4D2 many people are amazed at the server system.

After translation, we can see a new attempt at a server in Brazil (since this structure was improved and today is less expensive [Yes I know it was very expensive before]). But if it is feasible I would like to put me to disposal.

I know many old people on the server, and I'm glad to see that some are still out here. Glad to meet new people too.

Anything please contact me by PM.
    Hope that helps.

Big hug.

[HR][/HR](Portuguese Version)
    Olá

Eu sou Scoep, um jogador antigo. Sou de um pouco antes da epoca da tentativa de criar servidores no Brasil.

Naquela epoca tinhamos varias pessoas que falam o idioma português. Atualmente eu sou um jogador casual e estou jogando mais ultimamente.

Eu tenho algumas ideias de "localização". Como atualmente tenho muitos contatos na area, acredito que posso ajudar muito.

Minha ideia é ajudar o servidor na medida do possivel, e quem sabe fazer algum tipo de parceria.

Minha ideia principal é traduzir o painel de contro a principio. Assim podemos ter uma comunidade que fala português (tanto de Portugal como do Brasil [E outros lugares e pessoas que falam português obviamente]), eu me disponho a traduzir todo o sistema (Dicas, Quests, etc).

Na epoca que eu comecei a jogar e hoje eu vi que muita coisa mudou. Muitas novidades. E sempre que eu jogo L4D2 muitas pessoas ficam imprecionadas com o sistema do servidor.

Depois da tradução, podemos ver uma nova tentativa de algum servidor no Brasil (já que a estrutura disso foi melhorada e hoje em dia é mais barata[Sim eu sei que era bem cara antes]). Mas se for viavel eu gostaria de me colocar a disposição.

Eu conheço muitas pessoas antigas do servidor, e fico feliz em ver que alguns ainda andam por aqui. Fico feliz de conhecer gente nova também.

Qualquer coisa entre em contato comigo por PM.
    Espero que ajude.

Grande abraço.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I personally love the idea of having South American location myself, but the main issue is DDoS.. We have some maniac sitting on a computer 14 hours a day who is capable of launching over 20 Gbps attacks on whim.

If we opened a server in unprotected location, it would be a sitting duck and mostly offline all day. Generally speaking Asia and Brazil do not offer reliable anti-ddos services without charging 50k euros per month, or so. They offered us 500 Mbps protection on HK server for $300 extra which is just laughable since the attacks are exceeding it by multiple times already. :P

PR translations though, are always welcome :)

3. Scoep

Scoep Member

I understand your concerns. I believe a lot of these issues have been resolved, but unfortunately we have some cases of maniacs like you said. haha

So we open up a translation project? How can we best combine?

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

That depends on Marvel and Honorcode, but as far as i know they are discussing about translations and how to set things up so people can contribute to the mod by translating it.

You have to wait for their decision and replies to your questions :)

5. erik

erik MG Donor

This is a LOT of work to do. I do not know the file size that it increases the PR plugin by... but at some point we have to make sure that isn't an issue.

When it comes to "how" we get translations done, we usually entrust 1 or 2 gamers (per language) with some datasheets. If it is going to become an in-game translation, it's dependent on when and if they return the results to us.

6. Scoep

Scoep Member

Yes, how is the simplest thing in my opinion. The amount of work is not a problem, since we can do it for parts.