1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[Points Reloaded] Vomit Revenge needs to be buffed.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by DregonSteps, May 31, 2015.

1. DregonSteps

DregonSteps Junior Member

Vomit revenge really needs to be buffed, cause it aint seeing no love currently.

Buff Description
    • Vomit Revenge: When you get vomited on by a Boomer, there is a 5% chance that the boomer will also get vomited on (and that's when you'll see the purple glow around it).[1]
    Lets take a look at this buff quickly.

When you get vomited on by a boomer, theres a 5% it will get vomited on too.
    This buff likely doesnt include the survivor skill that hurts infected when they get biled on, and it has only a 5% chance at that.

When all the infected come, they will all swarm towards the survivor, rather then the boomer, because vomit has a higher priority over a bile bomb, which makes this buff completely useless.

And yes, I do know that this buff is a very low level buff, so is crawling. If it wont get buffed, it might as well not exist.

One suggestion is to put more priority on the boomer, rather then the survivor, to make it useful in the slightest.

[1]: http://mgftw.com/wiki/index.php/I._SURVIVOR_BUFFS_(%26_COOP_BUFFS)
    [2]: http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Bile_bomb

2. kuko

kuko MG Donor

The revenge bile do hurt special infected. If you are boomer and you get vomit revenged by a high level you die like in a second. Also the buff isnt only to revenge a boomer, it also works with paranoia punch, shaman vomit, the other day ive seen it working with boomer traps...

3. DregonSteps

I just realized it would hurt them because it uses the boomer bile for a resource to make these perks, therefore includes the boomer perks. Whatever. A boomer would die instantly.

Still, it has only 5% chance. Its only a 1/20 chance that it will happen. If the boomer dies because of the perks, then that means there will be no other target for the infected to go to, and they will automatically go right for the survivor.

If they meant for it to revenge a shamans vomit, traps, and paranoia punch, then they should add that to the description of the buff. I stand by what I say.

4. kuko

kuko MG Donor

I dont see anything bad with the percentage the chance is fair enough, imagine a 1/10 or even 1/5: out of 5 times you get vomited you revenge one, that would unbalance the game for infected as survivor has goggles to avoid getting biled, expert swinger and ninja buff to smash all the commons targetting them plus molos/pipes to clean the area.

5. DregonSteps

The game is already unbalanced in SOME ways., since its almost inevitable for modded servers to not. Besides, if the survivor clears out the infected with all buffs, then whats the point of vomit revenge? Wouldent it be exactly the same thing as if the survivor with goggles got biled, with the horde and all coming, except the boomer doesnt die fast? I honestly dont see the use to this perk.

Also, just to mention, why get so off topic? It went from vomit revenge to clearing out the CI. Doesnt seem like theres a point to mentioning that.

Also, goggles need a rework too. I'm probably going to make a post about this later.

6. chompski

chompski Junior Member

I'm not sure how you called unbalanced, i'd call mg vs was one of the most balance modded server i ever play in, heck it's even more balanced than normal vs that l4d2 gave. Also kuko just saying if all buff is good, then it's become unfair for the inf, he didnt go off topic. he gave you a reason why it would be bad because infected doesnt have googles buff.

7. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm basing this purely on theoretical knowledge as opposed to practical usage, because I agree, I don't think this buff is useful, so I've never used it.

Boomers only have 50 health. If that 5% chance procs, the Boomer will be biled, and either the Boomer will die near instantly due to the Acid jar skill, or the Boomer (might) take some hits from commons and die soon after. The only thing I can think of that this buff does is delay commons for a few seconds, simply as a biled Boomer doesn't really seem useful, it's going to die soon anyway. I guess it can be useful in VS to see where a Boomer runs off too, but by the time someone gets biled, they should probably know a Boomer is nearby anyway.

As for it revenging biling para tanks and the likes, I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. (But then again I haven't seen para tanks in versus in forever)

Maybe instead of simply making it simply bile back the boomer, have it reflect it, so the survivor doesn't get biled at all? Since it is only a 5% chance, I wouldn't really call it overpowered.

8. chompski

chompski Junior Member

But that just the same as googles buff, probably better just give the surv bile jar when they got vomited.

9. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

It's a 5% chance, I hardly see that as 'same as goggles'. It's also dirt cheap when compared to goggles, so it would be a nice thing for people working towards goggles to use in the mean time, and the fact that the boomer gets biled still takes effect.

10. chompski

chompski Junior Member

no i meant, if you have googles you wont use this at all.
    Just seems pointless to have if only 5%, since buff slot limited

11. chompski

chompski Junior Member

Although it might be cool enough to have a buff where if you take pills, the vomit is removed.

12. DregonSteps

Actually, L4d2 Vanilla versus is one of the most balanced competitive gamemodes that i've ever seen in my life, taking a combination of skill, teamwork, and timing in order to win the game, for both of the teams. Besides, it was designed by valve, so its obviously balanced.

Also, when I stated that "The game is already unbalanced in SOME ways., since its almost inevitable for modded servers to not" I was more referring servers like UA (United Anarchy) and the XPMod, and to the fact that the gigantic addition of abilities, upgrades, and buffs, it's a little hard to balance every single thing, unless the developers spent 24/7 working on the server.

Just to mention, a thrown bile jar has less priority for the infected then actual boomer bile, so the bile jar would do nothing other than some damage.

13. DregonSteps

Would be good, except for the fact that once the boomer dies because of CI, the horde will begin to attack the survivors once again, being the same as if the survivor got biled, but without the vision being obstructed.

I would suggest that, along with reflecting the bile, would place boomer bile on the ground when the boomer dies, so that the horde would go to the bile on the ground rather then back to the survivors.

14. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

I think it would be better instead of just gathering at the boomer's body the infected take damage that would kill the commons in a certain radius after the boomer dies