1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Practice Scenario / 6-8 player Scenario [POLL]

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Oct 21, 2019.

?

What do you think about Practice Scenarios / 6-8 player Scenarios?

1. Yeah! I'd think it would greatly benefit those new players. Please add it in :D

90.0%
  2. No, I don't see why these players need to learn }:(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response is in the forum post below!

10.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

May as well post this idea here since Ravennes was the player who originally came up with it:

Basically, they wanted to see if it was possible to have like a Practice Scenario or a 6/8 player Scenario, where you go in and learn the mechanics of how a scenario works before you go on to do scenarios with more complicated mechanics or with more players.

In terms of Practice Scenarios and 6/8 player Scenarios, scenario difficulty modifiers should not be applied there. However, it should also be available for new players at least above level 150 who want to know how scenarios work before getting into a real scenario once they hit level 180, should they wish to join.

2. Vakarlan

Vakarlan MG Donor

I wonder how hard will it be to code it. But I am all for this.

3. Akagi

Akagi MG Donor

It's a very good idea, the game I previously played has different difficulty per scenario and rewards scale with the difficulty, it attracts players to play it. I'm also up for this. Same goes for the practise mode, but the only caveat I'm looking at is if other players want to host an actual scenario for rare material parts— but if we get the marketplace, I think it wouldn't hurt much.

4. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Haven't posted here in a while but...

if I'm correct, starting a scenario with the minimum number of required players and or less players than the maximum amount adjusts the maximum scenario difficulty that the survivors play at from the start. There's no need to start a scenario with less than 80% of the players at it would just further reduce the max difficulty of scenarios and eventually make it too easy to win any scenario, save the Heartbroken, Humanity is not playing, Missing Squad, Trainwreck, Summit and the event scenarios.

as for the current scenarios, there doesn't really need to be an easier version (reduced difficulty of them) at the current moment since halloween statistics show that most eradication scenarios have had a 100% win rate, except for prison which is currently at 80% at the time of writing this.

As for you @Ravennes, getting better DPS buffs and having a strategy for dealing more damage to tanks should be a good starting point to improving that low DPS.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea to have a scenario that mostly players between level 150 to 180 can join. There'd need to be a limit on the number of high level players (only 1 or 2) so a 6-8 player scenario cannot be too easy.

5. Sяεтzø

Sяεтzø New Member

I would pick 1 for many reason.

1st - Obviously for good reason to have low capacity Scenario for EU/US region players because of having hard time to join scenario which is happened on Night time Asia Region (Day time on US/EU).

2nd - While Asia region only Night time (GMT+8) time where most scenario on queue and like myself barely get in due to easily to max out the slot. It would be great to have practice during afternoon time.

3rd - Rewarding in practice scenario would be great tho for encouragement. It should be the rare on normal tier item. (Non-scenario boss craft item) Such as Box with empty shell , FDT drops , Corrosive Drop etc or Possibly Craftable bag or Randomized reward of all above. It should count as quest item since it can't be gained on multiple attempt of practice.

6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here are my thoughts on a Practice Scenario as to how it can be hosted:

For example, say that this was an 8 player scenario where only 2 high level players could be allowed to join amongst 6 other players below level 201.

Then, to make it more balanced for everyone, the following restrictions are in place:
    - Cannot use any Event/Versus/Craftable Buffs in buff sets.
    - Cannot use any Buffs unlocked at level 201 or above.

The main tank for this Practice Scenario could be a tier 2 tank with slightly reduced stats, not counting any tier 2 tanks that are disabled within scenarios.

It would count as a daily scenario that has a limit to how many times it can be hosted. But it won't add to the scenario cooldown count on weekends.