1. Click here to join our community discord server.

One hit incap by tank on easy/normal

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by slickster, Dec 2, 2013.

1. slickster

slickster Junior Member

Is this intentional? Even on easy or normal the tank incaps you in one hit. That seems harsh. We were playing Dead Center finale on easy (because we already died twice) and we still couldn't pass it. The constant horde swarms and one hit incap was just ridiculously hard.

Also the cheap goggles buff does not work. I still get blood and mud on my screen. Wasted a lot of pills and money on it.

2. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

The cheap goggles (formely called Eye Threatment) has never worked if I remember correctly, I bought it over 2 years ago and never seen or heard that it was working. As for the tanks, are we talking about regular tanks now? I think it depends on how much health you have, a regular tank does not incap if you have 200+ health I guess.

3. slickster

slickster Junior Member

Yes I'm talking about regular tanks. 200+ health? You must have to be really high level for that and even then it would take 2 hits right? On easy? The game difficulties need to be more balanced. It should not be one hit incap on easy or normal even if you only have 100 health.

Wow if cheap goggles hasn't worked for 2 years then there's no point in me complaining about it. Seems like it will never get fixed. Oh ya the fast reload skill doesn't work for grenade launcher. That pisses me off too.

4. Valandil

Valandil Member

the fast reload was working on grenade launcher before.. but because of the homing grenade buff that's overpowering with the speedy reload.. it's decided that the grenade launcher reload speed cannot be enhanced, and simultanously, it slowed your movement too..

so if you're using the grenade launcher.. buy the homing missile buff.. so when you shoot the grenade, the missile will automatically seeks any nearby special infected (and tanks also)

5. slickster

slickster Junior Member

I'd rather have the speedy reload instead of the homing grenade. Can you let us have both options, but only allow one at a time? If we don't have homing grenade buff enabled/purchased then the speedy reload works. If homing grenade is enabled then speedy reload is deactivated. Can that be done?

Also, what happens if you want to shoot common zombies instead of specials or tank? Can you control when the grenade homes in or not?

6. erik

erik MG Donor

I think Cheap Goggles / Eye Treatment works just fine. Good topic to look into when developers get the TIME. (We're prioritizing the entire list of "to fix" and "to do" things tomorrow.)

Anyways, is this still an issue? The chief complaint / reason for this thread? The one hit incap?

7. slickster

slickster Junior Member

Cheap goggles has never worked for me since I've bought it. Another person here says it hasn't worked for 2 years. Yes the one hit incap should be adjusted. Also allow us to have speedy reload for grenade if homing grenade is not activated.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

Fair enough, I'll look into it further. I'll take them (and actual Goggles buff) off and see what happens if I only equip Cheap Goggles.

The one hit incap. thing is arguable; I find it really helps good team players (if they play hard) keep their rep. up, especially with accidental car explosions or perhaps molotov incidents (accidental multiple incaps when a Metalized tank is in play, for exmaple,) or even witch incaps. The balance comes back by putting major team effort in when these tanks are around.

The speed reload / GL thing is not a lot to ask, as long as (like you said) the Homing Missle is not there.

9. slickster

slickster Junior Member

Still no changes to the game. Are you guys planning on modifying some of this stuff or decided against it?

10. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

The guys here volunteer the time they have for the place, and they'll be prioritising issues... GL reload speed is a minor issue. No idea about Cheap Goggles.

To use the phrase... "It'll get done when it's done."

That being said... I do agree with GL changes for sure, perhaps a buff for bolt action sniper reloads too? Definitely worth considering!

11. slickster

slickster Junior Member

Another thing I think should be adjusted is the buff that lets you fire the heavy machine gun indefinitely (I forget what the buff is called) doesn't apply to the minigun. I think it should also work for the minigun. You don't come across very many maps that have either so it's not like it would be very unfair.