1. Click here to join our community discord server.

New special tanks ideas

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by klarnetbass22, Jul 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Hello
    I haven't found similar thread so I thought that I can share some of my ideas about possible new tanks for L4D2 servers. If you have any other ideas of another special tank feel free to write it here. Maybe one of these ideas can come live one day :). Sorry for my English if you find any misspelling.

Here are my ideas:

- Toilet tank: Leaves spitter spit on its moving trail.

- Flying tank: Tank which can jump 300% higher then normal tank.

-Commander tank: Increase spawn rate and damage of common and special infected while in game

- relentless tank: The more wounded the tank is the slower survivors are (up to 30%)

2. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

i like the idea of flying tank, as a tank I jump a lot :clap2:

3. erik

erik MG Donor

lol that's my personal way of knowing what i'm doing as tank. i just can't line them up unless i jump w/ each hit. then of course, at the end, the victory dance is making the whole team jump up & down.

Thanks for the suggestions, we can talk on Steam at a more appropriate time about your other ideas.

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

lol funny ideas. How about a smelly tank with a smoker cloud haha :smiley-signs113:

5. rapsusklei

rapsusklei Junior Member

well that's actually a really good idea, to leave like a cloud of smoke on his moving trail and to be able to damage us, also if possible to be able to catch us from far away and bring right in front of him like scorpion "get over here" :D and punched the player really hard.
    name - ganjah Scorpion lol
    color - Ethiopia flag (if possible)

also I really like the idea of a spitter tank wich leaves the spitter puke and damage the shit out of us and should be fun to be able to spawn spitters like 3 per minute or something :trollface:

6. erik

erik MG Donor

I was entertaining the idea for a new tank that, turns out, I can't do myself. Either way, I thought a Decay Tank wuold be a neat idea. With special tanks, we don't want to tip-toe OVER the edge into over-modding. We still wanna have this be a zombie apocalypse.

The decay tank would be a rare situation where, similar to 10/10 PR-COOP finales, you hear the roar which indicates Knight Shaman.... you'd instead hear some short, simple event music. The tank would literally be death with 2 legs and gray / yellow mottled and disgusting. It would have a toxic cloud and command an SI horde; it would make for a very exciting and crazy fight. The idea was to have it totally random, could happen on any map. Instead of high HP like the current specials, I wanted to do something unique... like have it die faster based on team damage at once. It's hard to explain atm lol but I have the logic in my head. :) I'd love to see a surprise element. Example: Crash Course 1, near the howitzer gun & bridge... if there are hordes going on and gamers are getting spat on & biled... what if they just kinda walked into it? It was dormant up against a building but, when the shifting rotting/decadent flesh started shuffling around, it enraged nearby SI which it could command.

Anyhoot, it would be really cool if we could see something like that (or any other "new" boss zombie idea) occur at random based on:

- Head Count (4+ player requirement or, with harder ones, full server requirement,)
    - Reputation Average (instead of level average) The numbers back a high rep team before a high-LEVEL-centric team.

I also kinda imagined-up a CEDA experiment gone awry. Since they were pretty well positioned and stationed throughout the area before they all got infected themselves, it wouldn't be too outlandish to have a CEDA area like c1m2_streets (end) where an experiment of sorts became highly mutated and rampaged. There are all kind sof possibilities for that and it could be coded into the right maps with preexisting props.

7. pure_fire777

pure_fire777 Junior Member

I might have an idea. Let's find jimmy gy... Sorry. :D

I have a idea about new special tanks i called it "illusion tanks"
    when he appears instead of only one sighted there will be like 10 or up to admin preference while there is only one which have the real life while the other hp is only around 1000,2000, or such but still deal the same damage.
    And then i see that shaman tank can like teleporting or warping with some electric effect if i'm not mistaken. XD
    When illusion tanks health reduced every quarter (25%) he will teleport himself out of survivor sight and comeback with another illusion may increase the number of illusion when health getting even lower. I mean when he teleport out at health 25% he will back with more illusion than at 75%. Well that's my special tank idea. Hope anyone like it. XD

8. dikew

dikew Member

Shadow/Invisible Tank - This tank can only be detected by throwing a puke on him, if this tank hit you it will give you a blind effect for a fixed time, like teh witch obviously

9. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i feel like this would be a little op or maybe very annoying :P

i dont think a tank should ever be invisible

10. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

How about make it transparent instead of invisible. This should work then.

11. dikew

dikew Member

That it. That is what I meant. Make it transparent. Or only his shadow on the ground to make the survivors aware of his existense

Sent from my C5302

12. davidaj98

davidaj98 Junior Member

beserker tank hp 55k speed is 400% normal tanks and does as much as a paranoia can throw special infected rocks

13. erik

erik MG Donor

I'd like to see a special tank modeled after the one they use in the Sacrifice map with the train car... it's bigger and more "mutated" looking.

14. dikew

dikew Member

And more muscle and not completely bald

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk 2 :game:

15. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Is it really? After 1812 hours (correct at posting ;)) I'm still learning new things!

16. erik

erik MG Donor

4,700+ hours and I still get lost in No Mercy and Swamp Fever

17. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Can't understand the no mercy as I'm certain that's a fairly linear campaign lol however I require GPS on Swamp Fever. I 'rush' on swamp fever when really all I'm doing is keeping up with everyone so I don't get swallowed in overgrowth and mauled by zambies :(

18. tank

tank MG Donor

[​IMG]

ICE TANK
    400000HP
    ICE ROCKS ( make you freez for 5 sec,paralized and poisoned)
    MIND CONTROL ROCK MAX
    TANK SPEED (2x faster then others specials tanks)
    TANK MANHEIM (one claw incap)
    TANK IMUNNITY FIRE (YES- ice doesnt burn)
    TANK BULLIT DAMAGE (YES)
    TANK PIPE BOMB DAMAGE (YES) (USE EXTRA POWDER BUFF)
    BILE (YES))
    MELEE (NO)
    EARTHQUAKE (NO)
    TANK ICE RADIUS 1m if u come closer get poisoned or sometimes +randomly mutated(can come closer only with mustachioo or antipoison buff)
    TANK ICEBRAIN (sometimes tank dropp brain and open for you one buff slot
    :))
    PRICE FOR KILLING:???? bounty,exp,cash,stone
    SNIPER IMUNNITY (AWP DMG is same as HUNTING RIFLE "50")
    WEAPON OF CHOICE (CHROME SHOOTGUN 500 dmg,PIPEBOMBS +;VETERAN PISTOLS 100 dmg (long reload))
    MAGNUM IMMUNITY (Yes)

19. pure_fire777

pure_fire777 Junior Member

I like that ice tank. XD
    But yes true ice doesn't burn but ice melt when exposed to fire.
    Should the Ice Tank at least keep taking massive damage from fire as long as they stand inside firepool?
    And of course when they leave the firepool they won't burn. :D
    and since the power is so so great i assume the rate of appearing is like 0,1% XD

Oh almost forgot.
    Since the tank are ice. Well you know when our hands got very2 cold we can't feel a shit.
    So i'm guessing the pain sound effect of the tank shouldn't be played since he won't feel pain.
    Lol just some little extra note. XD