1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[New Gamemode idea]: Zombie Escape [Left 4 Dead 2]

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Stefeman, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Im refering to old suggestion thread: "Infected Selection.."
    And i have fixed some ideas and got new ones regarding this..

Let me explain..

The gamemode is versus..

In the start of the game, there will be specific ammount of players in the both teams..

For example, 12 surviors VS 8 infected players..

The idea of this server is that, when one survior gets incapped by one of the infected players, he will die instantly after being incapped, and once he dies, his character will be removed from survior team and he (the dead player) will be forced to join infected team, and instantly after joining infected team, he will enter into spawn mode and starts to kill the remaining surviors with his new team..

Lets imagine that out of 12 surviors 8 has been incapped, which means, the teams are now 4 surviors VS 16 infected.. if the 4 surviors manages to make it into the saferoom, surviors have won the infected.. and after that, when on the next round/map, teams will be reseted and another 12vs8 are chosen randomly by a plugin..

This dosent have to be 12 VS 8, but an optimal setup so both teams (surviors and infected) have enough chances to win the round. so even 10vs10 could be fine.. the idea of this game mode is to harvest invidual survior players off from the group and turn them into infected and that way keep harvesting the survior team.. and the surviors have 2 choices.. help the invidual players who have been smoked apart from the team, or try to survie to the end of the saferoom..

And the best part of this mode is that, we could merge it with points reloaded mod, and that way get new customers and new products into the store..

And the name of the server dosent have to be "Zombie Escape".. That was a quick choice for topic name.. so if you guys think this is good, feel free to suggest better name for this :P

2. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

i like it. so the survivors must decide if they go back and help a mate or they lose the mate and it will fight against them. i would prefer the 12vs8 version, so surivors got higher chance to survive it. 1 time boomer bile all and a charger kill very fast. because if u get down (incapped) u die instanly.
    its good for teamplay and to discover new strategys as survivor. and it stop ppl from rushing. because no self revive or knifes needed :D

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Zo you want a L4D Zombie Escape mod while by default the game is already a zombie escape game.....ehmm? :P

Anyway, Honorcode already made something like this in the past, called 'Infection' where a survivor would be mutated into an infected after being hit. A similar plugin is this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1416781

We decided then that the plugin might be too complicated and that it would confuse players that joined the server. It could be fun as event, more than that idk and I don't see how PR could be incorporated in all this.

4. Stefeman

I think it wouldn't confuse players any more than points reloaded lol :P people are not stupid xD they will learn fast..

and as for the plugin, it's abandomed so i think honor could make similar one that works in 20 mins :P since the the plugin is all about forcing players into different teams after certain function happens (death)..

Well.. i think this would be worth of a try :P

As for points reloaded and merging it into this, we could just enable the mod with this server too and that way people would gain points xp and levels and would be able to reach !cp. and we would get more players and more customers.. xD

5. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I really like this idea. I would like to suggest the name "Infection" for this, as it is just the the Halo game "infection".

Just some suggestions on settings that I use when playing Halo:
    Faster infected - The infected are faster than the survivors, and would be able to catch up to the survivors quickly. This would cause the survivors to be on the lookout more and cause more panic for them.

Main Infected - There are 4 main infected that start the round instead of 8. However, these 4 are super powered, having lot gravity, more health, more damage, and are faster than the infected that are killed and forced to join the infected team. All the others that join are just regular SI with their PR upgrades/skills/buffs.

No Mains - People seem to get really tired of dying just because they are not a main. I have seen people get left while they are incapped because they are not a main. So possibly make everyone or no one a main (on the survivors side, I mean).

I will post more ideas as they come to me. :)

EDIT: Of course you all already posted before I could :P

HC has the right idea. That would be very fun with PR.

6. Stefeman

Infected are already faster in ghostmode and with fly mode :P and they can teleport in ghostmode by pressing E
    I dont know about this.. it may be good or bad idea..
    If everyone were mains, that would be cool, if nobody were a main, how would we gain points? xD

7. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Yay do it do it!

Be nice to have something different compared to just coop or vs...

8. Stefeman

i agree.. xD something different would be fun to try out

9. The Real Youngblood

The Real Youngblood Game Server Moderator

Honor, can you get this done by tomorrow? :)

I agree with Marvel that in order to work out the kinks and see how everyone likes it is to try it as an event. I'm not too sure about having a survivor die immediately after being incapped though. Seems a little too easy. However, allowing a survivor to be incapped 5 times before they die wouldn't work either. A healthy compromise perhaps. I believe it's worth an event.

10. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

I say we give it a go. Though I quite like the name Epidemic more than Infection, as it eludes to rapid spreading of the disease.