1. Click here to join our community discord server.

More new pathing! (The Sacrifice!)

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by ChooChoo, Nov 17, 2015.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

So, you may have noticed Dead Center got new pathing lately, as well as The Passing campaign too.

Well, after a very long, long, LONG time, The Sacrifice is getting new pathing. I chose to go to this campaign first instead of Dark Carnival, because The Passing and The Sacrifice campaigns both have the exact same finale but with very slight differences, but it is basically the same. So I can easily copy/paste the same objects over. <3 CONTINUITY!

The campaign really needed updating too, since it hadn't been touched since 2012.

Now, at the moment, only the finale was added and I heard that the supply trucks accidentally blocked a slap spot for boomer. Only 1 person actually told me of this, passing on comments and also a video of the slap in action. This issue has been corrected and the updated version will be uploaded soon enough after being previewed. In fact, this is the change: http://i.imgur.com/tfhRFQg.jpg

(Note from the above item: Don't mind the floating items. I have since moved them back into the trucks again. This update will be added soon enough!)

I also had to go back to The Passing campaign to make the same changes, so the same slap could be possible if any survivors venture there while collecting gas cans.

Here are some screenshots of the update coming soon:

C7M1_DOCKS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C7M2_BARGE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------

Now, like Dead Center, and The Passing, the 4 friends are also hiding on this campaign too. Find them, and you find the type of goodies that they offer. I'll remind you of the items they may have set next to them. Do note that they do not always contain all of the items listed. It's just the type of items I place near them.

Gnome - His smile will heal your pain. Well, so will the Pain pills, Adrenaline, Med-kits, and Defibs he may offer.

Alligator (Gator) - Heavy weapons like Grenade Launcher, M60, and maybe Chainsaws are placed near him. He might also have Adrenaline next to him.

Elephant - He offers new secondary weapons. Pistols, Melee weapons, and may also have Chainsaws.

Giraffe - He offers Throwables. Molotov, Bile Jar, and Pipe Bombs.

If you wonder what order I place them in maps when I am doing pathing, it's like this: You'll always encounter the Gnome before the Gator. If you found the Gator, you went past the Gnome at some point. The Elephant and Giraffe could be anywhere.

Their placements are not random though. If you found the Gnome in a certain large box, or a vehicle, he'll always be there on that map, and so will the same items.

2. ChooChoo

Added! All PR-VS servers should have the new pathing updates.

The Passing (c6m3_port)
    The Sacrifice (c7m1_docks, c7m2_barger, c7m3_port)

So, I guess the next campaign to work on is Dark Carnival. O:

3. mh-mh

mh-mh Junior Member

thank choo choo for your effort

4. ChooChoo

You are welcome. :)

5. ChooChoo

Now I have look forward to the next campaign in order... Dark Carnival.