1. Click here to join our community discord server.

L4D2 Update broke sourcemod: Servers down

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 3, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

Our L4D2 servers are down, Valve released a major update tonight which means metamod and sourcemod are broken, as well as probably a lot of other extensions.

We will fix this asap but we're depending on other developers as well to push out updates.

Thanks for your understanding.

2. tank

tank MG Donor

For all L4D hungry fan lovers until is update fixed, US Hardcore Versus L4D1 is on, so bring it on, don't be shy,i played last night,nice server,it was good the get back to the roots :),thx Marvel for fixing Upgrades last night, check for server https://mgftw.com/sourcebans/

3. erik

erik MG Donor

You got back to the roots literally by GAMING with the roots! lol!

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

I'll be waiting with my sniper rifle :P

5. Franklin D. Roosevelt

Franklin D. Roosevelt Junior Member

I feel like all this is secretly an elaborate ruse to get me to play versus and die all over the place.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

It is.

Edit: Wanted to come back and mention people to watch out for: Rundat ("REALLY NICE GUY,") Omega (scary monsters, boomer,) Steph (jockey,) Kanth~Poop, Alex (Tank,) FriendGOD (Tank,) davzee (spitter,) Adward (boomer and smoker,) Bruce Willis (charger,) IsItDur (boomer,) Ruffneck (boomer,) Burial_Ground (charger,) Cunner (hunter,) Duncan (tank,) HonorCode (boomer,) Jones (everything,) LongJohn (survivor,) Medicopter (everything,) GMEN (boomer,) and Trainspotting.

Yes, I keep a PR-VS revenge list, and those are just the people I still "owe one to."

My VI list is just down to Hillo & G-Force, but G has a standing appointment to be targeted. I already got Jost a while ago, Ania, and FINALLY FREAKING FINALLY got a slap on GhostfaceKILLAH a few days ago.

Edit: Adding Duncan MacLeod because his survivor is a huge pain in the ass.

7. tank

tank MG Donor

Yeah it was really fun, until you leave server in last chapter and left us to die :) (me an marvel)

"Dammit, Zoey! We trusted CEDA! We trusted the military! And they left us to die! Do you think they'll ever let us back in? We're on our own, kid. It's high time you started actin' like it."
    ?http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Bill/Quotes_and_Captions

8. Ping

Ping Guest

any eta?

9. erik

erik MG Donor

I honestly had to go smoke a cigarette, take an unwanted call from a family member, and plot my revenge on the Sandante ~ Scorpion ~ Renard Deadly Admin Assassination Squad.

10. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

hell yeah. I'm still yet to take you to the saferoom with a smoker erik, but it's only a matter of time. :D

11. The_Jackal

The_Jackal New Member

lolol...... I remember some Erik (Karma Slap) and Erik (Smokers) .... waiting for the rematch!

Check these links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdBy9XKTukg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5_OGoeDhA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AopGYhbqWJg

12. erik

erik MG Donor

still ain't gonna get my knife

13. Adward

mate, you know someday I'll take both, then let you get pounced by a level one hunter or something...

14. erik

erik MG Donor

I'd MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather (and happily by the way) give it up to a level 1 hunter than some opportunistic high-level gamer waiting around with a charger or something just to get the kill or finish me off.

Yes, you know how to dance around with a mean smoker. However, I do too. A clever line from Manhunter comes to mind; "You're so sly, but so am I." ;)

15. erik

erik MG Donor

Word going on right now is that dedicated server support is changing format... so no more HLDS. borked borked borked

16. Adward

hell yeah, same! love it (in a manner of speaking) when a low level fucks me up. I remember how pleased I was as a low level when I did it. :P

and dude, my smokers ain't nothing to fuck with. ain't gonna be long at this rate before you can be as sly as you want, but you'll just be back in the safe room. ;)

ya, all SteamCMD/Steampipe now, they've been making the transition on other source games for a while.

17. erik

erik MG Donor

No no, smoker is my favorite SI, then boomer, then jockey.

I just don't get the whole concept of being derailed; why not have some sort of transition

18. Adward

I'd probably go Smoker > Boomer > Jockey too. though the obvious plan is to get insanely good with all the SI.

Valve never do anything by halves dude, always nothing or everything at once.

19. erik

erik MG Donor

Contrary to popular opinion and playing style, I manage to get by ok w/ almost never using a charger

edit: HAD to find a place to mention Steph's jockey... she single-handedly pioneered the comeback of the jockey

20. erik

erik MG Donor