1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[L4D2] Points Reloaded VS Discussion

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Hawk, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hawk

Hawk Member

In VS there are many problems that need fixing and things that everyone complain about, which get very annoying (example: tanks). So I have started a vs poll, and discussion where people can vote and introduce problems that will boost the vs gaming.

This brings me to the first item that needs to be straightened out... Tanks

Tanks are op. In a tight closed space they can kill an entire team in minutes. Every time there is a vs match people always complain about tanks.

So if someone has a great idea or another problem to introduce post it here and then after some discussion we can vote on the vs poll page

2. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

1i think thats not a good idea most player work hard for the nego buff and now you will set he costs for tank back
    2 the tanks are weak now a fully team can destroy you in no time and with on fire buff tanks are easy you burn boomer puke on you and 5 sec later you burn again all what you write here make it then more easy to rush tanks are there to stop survivrs they must have nice team play or they die i cant say how many times we fight and people come back to help guys in the back and thats the sense from vs not that shit rushing like coop but to the main point i can totally understand how frustrating itr is for lower guys to get fucked up by 2 high tanks but we need a other idea to get that fixed

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Here's why we have NOT made changes sooner and why it's such a complicated issue:
    - People like buying tanks
    - It gives people a chance to "own" in-game
    - It's not a feature on other modded or large-capacity servers
    - There are many ways to configure one's inf buffs to vary the tank play style

These are reasons why people like them and why we've had only disagreements/arguments about what to do.

The fact is this, yes, buying tanks as high level and just pulverizing the low levels is making us lose players. We're in an important time in terms of donorship, new donors, returning donors, and even just keeping the servers occupied.

We need to do what's best for everyone and allows for the most optimal environment possible (in all situations.)

Because of this, I am thinking we need to try "ONLY EVENT TANKS" for now... and request that HC do the coding so that tanks are distributed to the highest level main each time they spawn.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I've had fun experiences with tanks, but they always mess up "karma only" map rotations (which keeps the server full for HOURS.) Most disagreements in VS are cuz of something tank-related. I personally hate just having an inevitable tank battle every map. I see several sides to this, I suppose, but think we should go w/ event only for now.

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Either way, I think we need an actual poll and an opinion or two from Marvel and HonorCode, but some change soon would be nice. I'm personally leaving games almost daily because I'm just too exhausted and bored from the tanks.

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I'd have to agree with Erik and the TS. Tanks are part of the gameplay but it gets too much very easily. To be REEEEEALLY honest I only like tanks in COOP because of all the different types and working together to beat them. I really hate being the tank in versus and I hate fighting them in versus because they kill all the action of the special infected.

If it was up to me buying tanks would be limited on versus, to max one for each regular map, maybe one or two in finals but that should be it (Not including Director spawned tanks).

Focus of versus should be SI vs Survivors.

Btw, as a quick, easy & dirty fix we can just triple the buying price for now. I have the feeling it's too easy to buy tanks anyway, as people seem to have enough bounty all the time.

7. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

This was a thing I was thinking of, because you have those people who just pick Spitter, get a shit ton of bounty by not dying, and then get Tank. My thoughts should be that either Spitter somehow gives less bounty (Maybe make getting the multi damage bonus require double the damage?) or change the way the Super Girl skill works (disabling regen on spitter, or perhaps making it damage reduction instead of immunity?)

Also one other small gripe I have it when reviving by pills, if you so happen to just move your crosshair a tiny bit off your fellow downed teammate, you lost focus and have to restart the reviving procedure. I'd prefer it if it was like in COOP where you just need to start looking at them and hold the button down, whilst also being able to look and move freely, as well as being able to use the E key instead of the zoom key. (my middle mouse button is a bit funky)

8. erik

erik MG Donor

The folks who always have the bounty are who we call "spitter tank gamers" who quite literally rack-up so much bounty from the "sticky goo" buff and being max level, yes, we must fight their tank every single map.

So far, I'm only seeing people in favor of this and concerned gamers who are getting bored & not having fun fighting so many tanks all the time.

I like the idea of tripling bounty, will be sure to play now :) I was already feeling kinda "blah " about pr-vs because it didn't take more than 1 map to have a non stop tank fest.

9. tank

tank MG Donor

Why not first try make dat scramble woks as should, i know some guys complaning here about tanks, first at all i am neutral in this topic,when i get tank usually passing to low lvl, but wanna just say that how somone dont like tanks other likes to play with tank, common guys find some other server where you can play tanks with all this upgrades + special tanks, its fun guys.I still think that biggest problem is scramble and if team 1 get more high levels plus if they buy tank 2 of corse 2 tank make massacare. same as if team 2 who have less high levels and more low levels second round buys tanks get raped by survivor.
    We played last night 5vs5 all high lvl, 2 tank vs 4 survivor was infinitiy round, at least 35-40 min fight tanks could not kill us.
    Its not point blame tanks, also why complaining and then when you in game you buying and playing tanks same as others????

[​IMG]

10. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

Thx friend think the same thing but what makes tank op is not the tank we fight in that game 4 and kill 2 and it was nice for me good fight schould count more as a rush in safe room GIRLS ^^ we have perfect team play in that game what makes tanks op is when the other si are all lvl 180 + with most upgrades and skills maxed thats the proplem. why you dont reduce the tank limit to 2 and set the cost to 60b when these 2 tanks died its over or you let the tank max by 3 and allow only 1 tank at same time

11. erik

erik MG Donor

Fact remains, tanks aren't supposed to rule PR-VS, they make all the other infected less important and when there are tanks, it always ends the same.

HonorCode made some brief changes which I'll write a thread about in a bit... changes which brought some versus back to the versus, not "survivors vs tanks."

The scramble thing is something I believe in, too, I will ask about that again.

12. erik

erik MG Donor

They have to meet us half way in the middle, dude... there are infinite resources here that we actively promote, and they don't look them up.

But, you're right, we could do more to help them.

HC has a skill update stlil in the works that will cover this.

13. Centro2

Centro2 Junior Member

I play vs a lot. but,
    no offense, I just wanted to tell the truth.. I don't like the new system and many players said they don't like it too. I love old system on VS. about the tank, actually it's easy to kill the tank on vs if all the players shoot it, tank can't be OP forever but when the tank appeared im sure a lot of peoples will think "ah damn im gonna die" give up too fast. So they lazy to shoot the tank, just keep moving but do nothing when no SI catch them and just hope another players to shoot it till dead.. but many players think like that.. so, no one shoot. That's why the tank on vs look like too OP because only few peoples shoot on it. I always tried to kill the tank, many times i look when only 2-3 peoples include me shoot on it everytime and the health decrease pretty fast. I imagine if all survivors hit it must be dead so fast, its happened to me few times when I am as the tank and all the survivors shoot on me together nonstop. another SI still important too, tank without another SI can solo all survivors? I don't think so.

I think a lot of players already know when they should buy the tank or from event only, few of them also chat "buy tank or event only?" when the players on server that time is not too strong and many low level.
    Talk about high level still force to buy the tank and solo all the low levels, what about disable the system when amount of level on that server or each team is too low? so when amount of the players/level on that team/server reach particular point then the system is enable again to buy the tank. but still with the old system.

This is not about how many players don't like the old system, it's about how many players prefer the old system. In other words, this is bad if we lost 100 just because want to get 10.
    I just want to give some input and opinions, must be there is few peoples disagrees on me because everyone's opinion is different.
    So, what if we make a polling? old system or new system? then give notice on server so all peoples can participate and vote it, and we will know what all players want rather than only few people. I think it's more equitable and clear.
    :smiley-signs051:;):peace:

the last.. sorry for my bad english:P:smiley-signs051: