1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Kicked: "Failed to Update"

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by szSteam_76561197965780218, Jan 17, 2013.

1. DayZ Taviana Server:
    I randomly got a failed to update error and now everytime I log back onto the server, I get a red chat line that states the update was successful to then initializing v1.164 (something like that)

What does this mean? its happened randomly and now won't stop.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a firewall or something activated?

3. I do, but it's been completely fine up until 10 minutes ago where EVERYONE got kicked for the same reason, it just seems I have the issue still.

I've tried updating battleye manually but everytime I do, it says before I even get into the lobby "Battleye Failed to Initialize"

4. marvel

Did you try in your steam library, right-click Arma 2 OA and choose re-install Battleye?

5. It seems a problem lies with that, I'm verifying game files, I'll let you know how it goes.

6. Re-installed and it didn't work.

7. marvel

8. Did it manually and it says "Battleye Initialization Failed "

9. marvel

Did you download BEClient.dll and copied it to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

If that doesn't work I'm kinda running out of options what it could be.

10. That's exactly what I did... I have no idea what this is doing

11. When I join the server it seems like its trying to update to 1.187 of battleye but after it says it was "successful" it states "Initializing 1.182" the one that was there previously

12. OKAY!
    So for some reason, my firewall was the issue... It decided to be super picky and blocked battleye update... turned it off, let it update, turned it back on.

13. marvel

Good to hear :) That's one issue less :)

14. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Deckerd can you join other servers? Or is it just the MG server?