1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Just some ideas for l4d2 PR servers.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by klarnetbass22, Jul 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

These ideas come to my while i was playing the game and i thought to share them.

New buffs ( my names might sound bad):
    Survivors:
    - Enhanced targeting system: No friendly fire to anyone ( don't work with fire)
    - Bounty pockets: 50% of unused bounty is moved to next round ( not on VS to prevent buying tank immediately after round start)
    Infected:
    - Illusion: You can place unkillable copy of yourself on the ground for 30 seconds to confuse survivors
    - Jumping fury: Once per life you can do super high jump to escape survivors (double space tap)

Upgrades:
    Survivors
    - Stabilizer : Decreases by x% spread of bullets while running (x as most adequate value)
    Infected:
    - Leg exerciser: Increases jump height of special infected (not working for hunter or riding jockey)

Also my other idea is creating something like achievement titles. You can earn titles which you can use in game for example in front of your nickname. For example For killing 20 witches in a row without causing them to damage you and your team you would be granted Witch Handler title and use it like
    "*nickname* the Witch Handler joined the game". I think it would add some fun and people could be prod of their achievements.

2. Penguin

Penguin Guest

this would probably get you the title hacker :P

I know that was just an example but how often to you kill 4-5 witches in a row without everyone taking damage?

Still i like the ideas!

3. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

For example you keep stunning them with explosive ammo and not let them to deal any damage.

I know it might sound weird but that's because of my limited language skills.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Whether an idea is practical or wise is really irrelevant.

He's being creative and thinking outside-the-box, which is the purpose of this area. Thank you for the contributions, Klarnetbass, we really enjoy it when inspired gamers want to help keep making PR bigger and better. Have fun brainstorming!

5. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

We used to have achievemets (goold old VI times) and people really liked them. I think it'd be good to have them back but it'd take time before its done.

6. just want more special tanks.

right now there are many normal tanks that appear even on expert difficulty that everyone including single digit level players can mow down in 30s.

7. Penguin

Penguin Guest

If the game is filled with mainly low level players then the chances of a normal tank spawning are quite high (i think)

i think it works from a average player level within the game,
    so for example:

IF average playerlevel <50 spawn normal;

IF average playerlevel 50-150 spawn normal,bomber,paranoia,drainer;

IF average playerlevel >150 spawn normal,bomber,paranoia,drainer,supreme drainer, knight, shamen, supreme knight, supreme shamen;

obviously with a percentage chance of each spawning.

This how i think it works though

8. erik

erik MG Donor

The percentages and level averages aren't 100% accurate but yes, that's how it works.

We will not add bigger chances of special tanks spawning. They appear many times as it is. Just be patient.

9. im focusing not on making on special tanks spawn more, but how (too) easy it is to beat them.
    pls understand, this isn't a post screaming for more shamans/knights so that we can get more xp, but rather a post to get better stronger varieties of tanks in the server. If stuck on server with only low levels its boring to just mow down normal tanks 99% of the time.

Normal tanks are basically laughable, even if the entire team is mostly low levels they can still easily rip it apart in a minute with at most a few incap.
    i rather spawn something like a "mini-paranoia" that is weaker but let new players learn what it uses so that they will not be completely surprised at the higher levels.

And then bomber/metal, once you figure them out they are basically free xp without much effort, just avoid them and shoot SI.

and would be nice to have random tanks in the middle of maps, why it was in vanilla coop but removed here save for scripted events is beyond me.

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Special tanks don't spawn mid-map randomly because of the rewards and map dynamics. Quest-enriched maps aren't cohesive to random tank spawns.

Despite how rare or NOT rare the specials are, they already spawn a lot. Many gamers are already expressing "Oh I don't have time to beat this," then leave the game... or say "Ugh, another Knight." That immediately told me the mystique is gone and going fast w/ regard to specials.

I am happy you clarified your intent with the post. When I hear people asking for more more more with high-payout tanks, I immediately become persuaded to explain why it's such a bad idea. You are right, though, the "baby tanks" are easy; I find it hilarious that the gamers name them that. :)

Being on a full server with "only low levels" can't be that entirely frequent of a thing. Many high level gamers like being there to help the "low levels" and newer guys out. MG is full of veteran gamers who love answering questions and having mastery at something. I am and I do.

Take advantage of your friends list and add high level gamers you want to be friends with. I am positive gamers like Rubber Chicken, Adriana, JavCube, TRU, Patches, (myself,) DawG FooD, etc etc etc... would LOVE an invite to a largely low-level server to help get some excitement stirred up. If nothing else, they get easy rep. opportunities.

I enjoy low level-intensive servers for a million reasons. To be totally honest, all high level gamers bores the living fuck out of me, because we're basically fighting for bounty, clever molotov opportunities, too competitive over end-of-map figures, etc. I like either a balanced team or largely low level team. You can always invite me and send me a sentence saying we could use a high level gamer. I"ll join.

I must warn you in advance, though, I run with a pretty crazy crew. :) Another admin or two might follow me.

11. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I think i've had you on my friends list twice and both times you've just simply disappeared from it.. lol.

12. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Today on expert in Hard rain campaign we were few times almost completely wiped out by witches and some of these witches were really tough so i wondered, is there a way to create somekind of command like !witchhp ? This would be quite helpful in epic fights with them.

13. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Because multiple witches are spawned at a time on Hard Rain I cant see this being implemented.. Maybe you can have their health show up like when you hit a tank in vs, their hp and name shows up with a health bar?

14. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Also my other idea that come to my mind which is kind of regarding reputation system we could create such thing like fame points. Fame points would allow to level up in fame level (or level down regarding playing style) and will unblock certain upgrades,buffs and skills. This will encourage people to play more friendly and try to be cooperative. Alternative use of such thing is that fame points could be used to exchange for other things like week booster or such thing but i don't really like this idea. Strong point of such system is that fame points could be also easily regained even if some low levels didn;t know of them as i don't think of negative fame points.

15. IMO it doesnt really change much even with many high 100-200 levels with tank lure, its still mostly bombers at most zzz
    ever since the custom coop server come out i played many games and i dont think i fought a shaman or knight ever no matter what average level it is on server.

i mean i just wish to fight say, a knight on warcelona or suicide at least once for the thrill of it
    and they just dont spawn no matter what

16. erik

erik MG Donor

Besides the point. The Tank Lure buff mathematically calculates the likelihood of the spawns.

17. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I'll add myself to that - if you want a high-level in to help the passing of campaigns, give us a shout!