1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Item Idea: Resurrection Grenade

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by spooky, Jun 3, 2016.

1. spooky

spooky Junior Member

It struck me tonight as we were playing the Cold Stream finale - what if there was a grenade that could be thrown, like a bile bomb, that could instantly defib dead survivor corpses in their damage/splash area? Obviously it would have to be considerably more expensive than the defibrilator, and classed as a health item (its cost goes up as more health items are bought). The landing spot should be marked with pink fog/smoke rather than the green bile bomb effect (if possible).

Name: Rez Grenade
    Category: Health Item (Equipped in throwable slot).
    Base Cost: 75 Bounty.
    Effect: On impact, defibs dead survivors and revives incapped survivors in the area of the grenade landing spot.
    Upgrade(s): Alchemist - Increases the range of Rez Grenade effect, up to a maximum of 100% at rank 10 (10% per level).
    Buff(s): Moustached Medic - Suvivors revived or brought back from the dead by your Rez Grenade receive 5 seconds of Moustachio Blessing.
    Has no effect on common infected, special infected, witches or tanks. Can not restore Bomb Tank victims.

2. while I don't mind the idea. there are 3 things that concern me with it.

- its rather high bounty cost (Even with negotiator equipped (75 -> 56) (it seems too challenging to get it on all finales and impossible to get it in non-finale maps)
    - there is no radius on the item after it impacts (While I don't mind the item being a rez grenade, you might want to keep its range short (similar to defib range) (IMO)
    - spamming it at a lower bounty cost (say 30) makes it easier to win maps with multiple survivors using it (doesn't apply to those tanks that remove survivor bodies on kill) (It makes tanks somewhat less challenging)

I Appreciate the idea anyways, its nice and all still.

3. spooky

spooky Junior Member

Personally I think (aside from the problems associated with coding such an item) that a high price is warranted as this could be used by a single player in place of possibly multiple defibs, and can be used from a long distance away (if their aim is good) - which is great on high tier tanks, as players are more likely to get back into the fight, rather than be killed because the rescuing player lured the tank towards the corpses. If the radius was reduced to that of the throwing player's Enhanced Electricity buff (plus a small percentage), it might make more sense, and could be implemented with a slight increase in price over a standard defib (due to it's ranged application). Perhaps it could replace the kit slot (so the player can't hold a defib/kit AND a Rez Grenade).

4. well, I don't see why not the rez grenade should replace the kit/defib slot, since it has its uses as another defib item anyway. I do also agree with the fact that you don't have to be defibbing survivors in range of tank with the rez grenade + the fact that its bounty is really the price of multiple defibs (say 2 or 3 at that for a single survivor). You know spooky, 1 idea that I wanted to add on to the rez grenade ideas is to make it fair for the survivors in the way that you keep the bounty price of the rez grenade the same each time you buy it (there is no point in an expensive item becoming more expensive then it is if you get what I mean) (everytime you buy a health item without the use of negotiator buff, the price of the item is usually doubled)