1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Is it kos or not!?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by R.B., Dec 31, 2014.

1. R.B.

R.B. Guest

more and more players say, while being infected and in a gunfight, "it is ....." or "kill .....".
    In my opinion this is the same as kossing someone, which is forbidden for infected.

Is it the same or not?

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

It's a bit of a gray area, people should only respond to 'KOS' and not to kill him or shoot him anyway. It's a really thin line but no I think I wouldn't allow infected to do that.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

It is definitely that, but if you see combat, your only real option is to report what you see and call a KOS if it's deserved.

If infected players are in that example, in combat, and they say "it is Gamername!" or "kill Gamername!," (indicating a survivor,) then that's just a technical way of avoiding a documented "false KOS call." It's against the rules and please try to censor doing it.

We're not the police, nor do we want to over-moderate H.I. for that matter... so it's implied that gamers won't willingly deceive or give false info. It's also implied that all gamers on the server will speak the same way they'd type. Again, nobody's perfect, so there will be slippage... so use your best judgement and only take concern when it becomes an all day, every day thing, or a really pronounced example. It's going to be treated on a case-by-case basis, but we don't want people finding out ways to cleverly mess up the game for the rest of us.

I'm replying to this, btw, to cover our bases in case people use "witnessing combat" as a way to get an unfair advantage cuz of a technicality.

If you see others doing it repeatedly or in excess (to troll, grief or otherwise throw the match,) please get documentation and report it to us.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

If I hear of 2 other gamers in combat, and one announces what you said in quotes up there... I'd take that as a KOS. If my karma suffered because they were simply wrong, or trolling, or whatever... it would take away from the fun of the game for me.

If it happened more than once or twice, which it can on chaotic servers, I'd start to think "well people can say whatever they want and my karma will go where THEY decide."

Hopefully, this is serves as a more simple way of explaining why the rule of thumb is to say the same thing that you'd normally type when it comes to KOS or SUS.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

You're 100% right Erik only by the book KOS is required before you can kill someone. If someone says kill him and I do it it's technically RDM, I'm saying by the book because yes in practice kill him or shoot him will be interpreted as KOS by 99% of the players.

So yes I wouldn't allow it either, there's even a help item on it which says you can lie as infected as much as you want but don't call KOS. There will always be players though trying to find the edge of the rule.