1. Click here to join our community discord server.

ip redirects

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i was unsure whether to put this in website or game server suggestions.

this would make no change to the servers and how people play im just going to put that out.

im suggesting that the ips for the servers are redirected from the mgftw.com website to make it easier for people to connect, also when there is the occasional ip change for servers then people wouldn't need to re-add all the servers to there favorites again.

the way this would work is for example on EU COOP the IP is 178.33.138.11:27016 but if we was to redirect then you would be able to just connect using eucoop.mgftw.com as an ip ingame. of course if you are running multiple games of the same IP thgen you would need to use the port on the end of that as well so it would be eucoop.mgftw.com:27016.

just a suggestion :)

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah that crossed my mind but then again how many people would make use of this?

Problem is that openserverbrowser only supports IP addresses.

Plus a lot of ppl use stats/sourcebans to connect which always has the right IP info.

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

ahh does it only support ip's? sorry i didnt know that :P

that's a shame because it would be useful to have if the game supported it.

i suppose when you look at how many people would actually use it then i guess it would be a small portion, oh well it was a good idea in my head haha