1. Click here to join our community discord server.

in addition to : Points Reloaded COOP Server Finales

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Burial_Ground, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I shared some of this info on our steam group, but i think its good to post it here.

You can avoid getting yourself in problems with some simple actions.
    There are two l4d2 finales called "The Passing" and the famous "Dead Center"
    Here you must fill the generator before you can escape and finish the map.

Once in a while mostly when the difficulty is "Expert" a shaman or Knight tank appears.
    Everyone wants the points, but some players dont like being on the map forever and want to
    fill the generators with gas faster than others.
    You have to respect that, remember you play together as a team.

Dont delay the finale by shooting the cans, and do not throw the cans in water, hallways
    or other places that prevent new cans from appearing.
    I hope you guys understand that you cannot stick on a map for 2 hours and wait for more shaman's and knights. Sure sometimes its hard not to wait with 10 cans left and a knight with 100k left. But play it smart you will get your tanks, everyone leveled up very fast in the last weeks. When we (the pioneers) started in 2011 we had to work much harder to reach lvl 100 and later 200 so you all should be happy with some special tanks here and there.
    And these tanks are much easier than the old shamans we defeated before the changes.

We have a lot of new players all eager to level up fast, and a couple of weeks ago when the automated special tank events on the finale maps started most jumped on top of that.
    I would like to add that some new players didn't even know this final had strict rules.
    Also because most players never read all the forum and blog posts, they just want to play without reading.

Admins also have to understand that there are many young players who just started on mg and never visit the forum or read rules and are of course very enthusiastic when it comes to gaining levels.
    Everyone was involved and got the exp, also the bystanders and some folks that made demo(s) from others. i hope everyone can play together as a team to have some fun and at the same time gain some levels. We had some bans and warnings, and to the person(s) that made demo's i think everyone got the msg i hope we can forget the issues and move on.
    Nobody likes to be followed or framed by other players in a coop match,
    because its still a coop game not a deathmatch.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Junior Member

In addition, maybe you could have added that you shouldn't hold up NON-FINALE maps as well, by doing things like standing outside the end saferoom door killing whatever zombie crap that spawns repeatedly and endlessly whether manmade [bile] or natural [horde event].

Reasons like giving yourself some time to use the !buy command to finish whatever bounty you have for the map is a really shitty reason. Any player experienced enough should know how to use binds such that all bounty can be expended EN ROUTE to the safe room and NOT just outside the safe room door.

Just saying~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.