1. Click here to join our community discord server.

IDEA: A command to find out the current average level

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by timkit [â„¢Ûž], Jan 23, 2016.

1. I do know that the Al SI and tanks when they kill a survivor show the average level of the current chapter. (except for tier 2 and tier 3 tanks).
    the average level is calculated by the total level of all the players currently playing In that server divided by the number of players currently playing in that server (If I'm correct)

However we just want to have an easier way of finding out the average level, rather than just the infected's level being the average.

My suggestion is that there would be a command implemented so that we could find out the average level of all the survivors combined together. The only thing I think this command requires is simple maths.
    Another thing could be that we should know whether or not we can encounter tier 1, or tier 2 or all tier tanks based on the avg level.

if the average level is below level 60, then all tanks would be normal tanks (baby tanks)
    average level of tier 1 tanks requirement is level 60 (this is when you get special tanks)
    average level of tier 2 tanks requirement is level 120
    average level of tier 3 tanks requirement is level 175

(Thanks to HC for providing this information to me in the past, any admins can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with the average level requirement or if there is something that I missed.)

The Commands Name can be any of the following... !avg level !current avg !level !current average !average !average level

when the following command is activated it could show the following (the following below are examples of what it could be)

[Wait for PR to calculate average level. give it 5 seconds before the calculation is complete]
    [PR] Calculating the average level... Please wait a moment!
    [If the calculation was successful! display this message to the user who typed the command]
    [PR] Successfully calculated!
    [If the calculation failed! display this message to the user who typed the command]
    [PR] Failed Calculation! Please wait 10 seconds to type in the command again!

[As well as [PR] Successfully calculated!, Give the user who typed the command in these things below, they can copy and paste it in chat to show to the other players]
    [PR] number of players currently in-game: 16
    [PR] The current average level is: 175
    [PR] You can currently encounter: Tier 1 Tanks, Tier 2 Tanks, Tier 3 Tanks
    or this...
    [PR] Average level of all players combined: 120
    [PR] You can encounter the following tank tiers: Tier 1, Tier 2
    or this...
    [PR] The current average level of all players combined is: 60
    [PR] The following tank tiers can be encountered at this time: Tier 1

Example of a calculation of the average level
    216+215+178+216+216+216+83+102+211+200+178+196+213 +204+123+208 = 2975

------

= 185.9

This rounds to the current average level of 186.
    otherwise if the number does not round up it then = 185

The restriction is that the command only applies to COOP servers (Event Servers included).
    If HC does decide to implement this command, he can choose whether or not 1 decimal point rounding should apply in the final result of the current average level

I find that a command like this being added into all COOP servers would make it useful for high level people to help the low levels survive. It might also be useful for people to know what tiers of tank they can encounter with the current average level as the tiers that spawn have a average level requirement.

This is just an idea, I appreciate the feedback if any players or admins want to show their support for an implementation of whatever average level command could be put into mgftw. Let me know your thoughts about the command itself and its function, Thanks!

2. Binde

Binde Guest

This should be a thing. +1

3. Jamd®

Jamd® Guest

nice idea though :) would love to see it in game

4. Zebster

Zebster Junior Member

I like that idea +1

5. R.B.

R.B. Guest

great idea, i remember a session in which i was one of the higher levels (im 72...) and a tank of lvl 215 appeared. Well, thats not gonna work. So i totally support this idea (eventhough im an H.I. player) +2

6. bjebawi

bjebawi Junior Member

nice idea

7. Evils2029

Evils2029 Junior Member

nice idea +1

8. I Agree this idea nice one, +1 :)

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I don't like the idea because you can calculate when to expect tougher tanks and anticipate on that which takes away the surprise factor which hurts gameplay because you'd know what to expect.

Another thing is that it will automatically force gameplay into a direction where the goal becomes to reach a certain average level, so players will be trying to reach averages where they can fight better tanks and gain more level or get more perks that way which in the end would be bad for low level, new players because they would hurt the average too much.

I appreciate the idea I just don't think it's worked out very well, there's a lot of downsides that haven't been taken into consideration. I mean if it was up to me even the !tankhp got removed :)

10. After seeing all of everyones thoughts including marvel's and raz's. I would have to say that the large number of negatives from what marvel says and that - the idea does not reinforce the part of helping new players out like us high levels should be doing when they join far outweigh the few positives to be expected from this idea. Even though I do appreciate the opinions each and everyone of you guys give me (most of the opinions indicated most users would support it, except all of the admins). Sadly to say I can now think this idea wont be going through if HC was to make a decision on it (probably the best guess I can make). This is likely to be my final post on this idea. Anyways without further ado, thankyou all for your opinions! they are always welcome :)

11. CommanderXx

CommanderXx Junior Member

simple maths idea well deployed

12. Jamd®

Jamd® Guest

Can you please consider the "command for calculating average" because no one in game calculates it except for tim(as far as i know)

13. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

As I've said in game dozens of times, and also to Timkit in Steam chat:

Ideas are always welcome, but this one I had to disagree with, people are wanting to see high average levels to automatically think "Awesome, we might get a tier 2/3 tank" BUT it comes down to tank lure buff primarily, which is available from level 115.

So you could have 16 level 216's playing, none of whom have tank lure equipped, and you'd have 0% chance of high tier tanks, and on the flip side you could have 16 level 115's playing, who just equipped tank lure, and it's a 16% chance.

14. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

In regards to this, it is a valid point. It would probably be better to have the percentages laid out. Although there would be more cons in this regard.