1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Hunter, smoker, boomer...

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Stefeman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, Left 4 Dead 2 has 3 good things on it..

1. Nice Special infected
    2. More weapons
    3. Chargers and jockeys that u can instantly ride survior or karma chrage survior down from the roof..

What about Left 4 Dead 1?

None of the above.

So, what we should do to solve at least 2 of these above problems in left 4 dead 1:

We all know that, u can drag someone down instaly from a roof edge with a smoker.. (So they wont be left hang up) but that very rare, and when it happens, everyone laughs..

So, how about doing a plugin, that u could use hunter or smoker or boomer to instantly pounce player down. and have instant kill?

Here are my ideas:

1. could u make boomer bitchslap to emulate jump key? when its affected on survior. (that way the survior would fall down when slapped against edge of roof or against other edges.)

2. as for smoker, if u released the tongue on specfic time, the survior would be pulled down instead of left hangign up.. (Maybe a castbar would tell the specfic time for when to release)

3. and as for hunter, how about some flyback effect when pounced from same ground as the survior is standing or moving. (like boomer bitchslap has on left 4 dead 2). That way, if the hunter ever pounced survior against edge of something, from the same ground level, it would work like charger's charge, and the survior would fall down with hunter becouse of the push.) Also, im suggesting that, the effect should only work when hunter pounces from same ground where survior is moving or standing, becouse if the charge pounce would work from all angles of pounce, for example pounce from above, the survior would be pushed against the floor than backwards or sidewards in reality..)

So, what do u guys think about this? I guess its very hard to code, but ive been thinking this for a while..

2. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: Hunter, smoker, boomer...

best to wait after Christmas, i think every one will now be a bit bizzy hehe

3. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

i can see one plugin changeling a lot on l4d1

'Drag & drop'

This plugin is intended to enhance the smoker's ability to disrupt the survivors. Once the survivor is paralyzed by a dragging smoker, the plugin will cause the survivor to drop their equipped item. Survivors will also drop their equipped item when they get incaped along with their grenade.

CVARS:
    sm_dad_drag = 1
    "Survivors drop equipped item on smoker drag."

sm_dad_pounce = 0
    "Survivors drop equipped item on hunter pounce."

sm_dad_incap = 1
    "Survivors drop equipped item when they become incapacitated."

sm_dad_incap_grenade = 1
    "Survivors drop their grenade when they become incapacitated."

sm_dad_pistols = 0
    "Will survivors drop second pistol?"

sm_dad_bots = 0
    "Will bots drop equipped item?"

Personally, i would like this on l4d2 hehehe

Attached Files:

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

+1 :)

Btw what you are asking are probably major gameplay / engine changes. I don't think it's even possible except maybe for the boomer bitchslap.

5. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

@1 --> Gonna try to search for the "tank punch" animation style to make it similar to l4d2
    @2 --> It is possible, but i have to research first to get the smoker's tongue and break it.
    @3 --> Not possible, unfortunatelly. By the time the hunter pounces another survivor, the game runs one function (OnShoveByLunge, to be specific) to the survivors next to him and it cannot be cancelled. It would result on something like double shove or stagger. It wouldn't look very well. Anyway, will do my best to find a solution.

6. Stefeman

You know, that when hunter pounces on the crowd, the crowd gets distracted and some steps backwards.. How about emulating jump key on that "step back" moment that you get when you are near pounced survior... By doing that, it would work on no mercy rooftop like this for example:

When someone pounces to the crowd that is near edge of rooftop, the surviors that gets stepped back and distracted will end up hanging from the edge in normal situations. Then, how about an instant fall without any hanging, if they gets pushed out of the roof, becouse of the pounce that is done on nearby team mate?

7. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Thats the problem. You cannot emulate any movmeent keys during the function, and you cannot change the player velocity. The function will just block that.

Now, what i can do is detect who causes a player to hang, check if this player is a hunter, and simply se this hanging client hp to 1 and he will fall.

What about that?

8. Stefeman

wow.. :D nice solution you got there xD that would be cool also xD

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I fall and die if I get pushed back by a hunter? WTF is this? I just fall off the edge...? Mate, that just isn't fair. And the smoker pull death thing, it only happens when you incap the player while you are dragging them and that causes them not to hang on to the edge. I like the bitchslap off the edge thing but the smoker and hunter thing just wouldn't work. So on No Mercy 4, you get pulled off and die straight away - even if you have 80HP and a medkit? THAT is just harsh.

10. Stefeman

Mmh.. you may be right xD i guess bitchslap would be nice, but i dont know about the others, since you pointed them up..