1. Click here to join our community discord server.

human controlled SI on CO-OP servers

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by jarrick, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jarrick

jarrick Member

I play the CO-OP occasionally but it's a bit easy until you get to the last level, when the tanks appear, and even then it's not so hard. Also, I like being the SI on the VS server but that server isn't so popular. so what I'm suggesting is that you open up the CO-OP server to people who want to take over the SI. it wouldn't be like the VS, it would just give the people playing the co-op a bit of a challenge and the SI that are human controlled would have all the buffs/upgrades/skills already aquired. And maybe, as an SI, you could also pick up any toasters that the survivors don't get.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

It's called "Coop" for a reason ;)

If it's too easy, we can always make it harder if people wants that.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

3. jarrick

jarrick Member

I don't think the reason for it being CO-OP would be compromised at all.
    Also, isn't it true that some of the tanks on the CO-OP servers are human controlled?

4. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

What? As soon as you have one team of players playing against/trying to kill another team of players you have vs.

5. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Only Root Admins can do that on Special events

6. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Try playing VS in EU or US with us, you'll love it :D

7. Ping

Ping Guest

Problem with Coop is that certain maps are dead and its no fun at all, eg swamp fever is pretty much only a few zombies and SI until the finale even on expert so it gets very boring (which is why I don't play coop anymore). Would like to see this fixed or changed...

8. jarrick

jarrick Member

it wouldn't be vs exactly because the people controlling the SI would not switch to play as survivors. it would be exactly the same as CO-OP from the survivors point of view - just harder. And for people who would like to play as infected the whole time, they'd get to do that.
    The people playing the infected would not be a team, wouldn't win or lose, they'd just be controlling the SI to make it harder for the survivors. And that's the reason why the root admin's control the tanks on special events. Personally, I think the tanks are getting over powered, but the SI could be better.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

COOP mode is just that

Stefeman is right, this will never happen on COOP.

In RARE occasions, a senior/Root admin may control a tank solely for event purposes.

Trying to let gamers play SI and stuff will only convolute the basic principles of Cooperative Play and ultimely end up pissing people off.

10. jarrick

jarrick Member

the basic principles wouldn't change - COOP is a team of players vs the infected - who are controlled by AI (the equivalent of a noob) - the only difference would be the intellegence level of the SI.
    But I see where you're coming from now - if there were 8 Human controlled SI, with all the enhancements, then you'd end up with survivors struggling to get out the safe room and may have trouble getting onto the next map.
    However, you could either have just a couple of Human controlled SI - and they could be trusted players who can recognise when they're ruining the gameplay for the survivors but would really kick the game up a notch - or perhaps it's possible to enhance the game's AI so that the computer controlled SI can take better advantage of their skills and buffs.

11. viethai2207

viethai2207 MG Donor

play on vs server, if u want to control si :D

ps:im drunk, that the only thing im think of, if u want control si, in copp server, go and play on vs server , same, lol

12. erik

erik MG Donor

We definitely understand what you're saying, and there's a fair amount of truth in that, it just doesn't have a place on our COOP servers with our mod.

13. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

other thing to consider is low levels - a lot get frustrated with the vs server and turn to coop. the last thing we want to do is make them ridiculously frustrated with the coop server too.

14. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

/end.