1. Click here to join our community discord server.

How about a new buyable for Infected?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by ChooChoo, May 20, 2014.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

I have an idea for one. How about this:

Extra Time (4-5 Credits)

"Just like it says. Adds a precious 30 extra seconds to the round timer. Make them count."

2. I would love to have that added even though sometimes my teammates die easily :D

3. Guil

Guil Junior Member

It seems interesting, I wouldn't mind to have that feature in the game :)

4. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

GOOD IDEA! but it has to be cheaper... i don't think many players still have 4 credits, when timer is under 1 minute... i mean you can have 6 credits at most, 4 at beginning and max. 2 detective kills...

5. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

4 credits is acceptable as 30 seconds is a long time. This buyable is most useful for people who sit around and attack last minute and usually don't spend much credits... so yeah. Most of the time, you won't be time constrained if you play tactically.

6. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

no, i mean 1 credit for 10sec for example... so everyone can use his/her last credits for time if necessary...
    --> bind a key --> rape the key at 00:10 :P

7. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

1 credit for 10-15 sec would be great in my opinion.

I'd like a "Shed Skin" hunter buyable. Drops a fake survivor body, which can be used to trap people somewhere.
    Could even show <player> found <random person/random dead person>.

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea but it should only be a last resort thing, a one time option so say 30 seconds for 4-5 credits but it can only be done 1 time for each round. We don't want the rounds to drag on for too long.

9. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I was thinking. Why not buyables for survivors. They start with 0 credits, but when killing a hunter they get one.
    They could only get a credit for killing infected in hunterform.

Perhaps clean pills, or a medkit, fire ammo, or a flashbang or something. Or a thing that can destroy mines, or protect against one mine-blast. Or a beartrap-sidestep. Which makes you dodge the first beartrap.

Perhaps people will even actively search out to find hunters.

10. erik

erik MG Donor

That would prolong the maps longer than they already take to end and I think that would also turn Hidden Infected into a much different type of gameplay. If that happened, it would risk overmodding. It's a cool idea, I just can't say it would be a wise one when it comes to what's best for the server or game.