1. Click here to join our community discord server.

HATS! or Collectibles

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

So i was thinking about how team fortress 2 have there vast amount of hats available and most of them can be placed on any class on there. but what is that same type of concept was brought into L4D2?

We could have a large collection of hats that would be wearable by our characters when playing the game. having this additional type item would make everyone look a little unique when playing instead of us all looking the same.

Over time there could be more and more added to the library and it could be like a little challenge to try and collect them all.

there could be common, rare, unique type hats like that and they could be made tradable between players.

imagine them more like Pokemon cards, if you already have one then you can trade it to other people and trade multiple items for 1 rare one in return.

To acquire these we could make it so that there is a random chance a tank will drop a hat at death and then there will be a chance of what type of hat it is.

WE could have special unique event hats as well that could only be acquired for participating in an event and then after that you can never earn that hat again..these would then becoming rarer over time because of there limitability.

Money could also be made from this buy MG as on the store you could add random packs that will give you 100% of getting a hat when opened but then there would be the chance of getting rarer ones. for them people that would be desperate to get the rare hats as fast as possible imagine the amount that people might might be willing to spend to get the best.

The only thing that would be left to consider is design, i can only think that we design a first bunch of hats and then make them live and then what we could do is do competitions as a community to design hats and then best best lot would be added in.

I feel this would add quite a bit more to the game as well as something for the higher levels to aim for, as once you have reached the max and for those people that have nothing left to upgrade then i would imagine over time they might get bored...but if there was always something new to collect then it might keep people into the game for longer

Opinions?

2. erik

erik MG Donor

The more flamboyant we get, the closer we get to "overmodding."

We have to maintain a zombie horror / survival feel.

Just my 2 cents, but the idea isn't a step in the direction we need to go.

HC mentioned a huge, huge pallette of buffs... like so many, that we could have discussion threads about who is using what configurations. That kinda "variety," I think, is where we cuold use your input with. :)

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

ahh right yeah i never really considered over modding but now i think about it yeah i agree with you :)

oohh will there be lots and lots of new buffs coming to the game then? ;D

i agree i think there could be some really good topics on how people set up there character and the best customizations option to get the best results