1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Future of TrueSkill + PR/VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by szSteam_76561198051919925, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree. However, I want to hear why MMJ is so against it, and why she's against all the new cool upgrades and skills that come with it.

2. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

Seems a bit early to concede to the demands of only two players. You're not gonna be able to please everyone, so I say do whatever gives you the best data... that is if you're gonna use trueskill. If you can code it to get reasonable data on PR, then fine, but seems to me that your arguments from before made it a pretty cut and dried solution.

3. You're right. However, if you look at the first post, several PR players, incl. donors, disagreed with the idea. However, for the data's sake, I will have to. TrueSkill is working fine on VI now. As for PR, I still need to determine how TrueSkill will impact players and the new upgrades/skills. I decided to leave it in VI for now, however, in due time, I might release it on PR as well.

4. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

This whole trueskill thing, the name itself is actually misleading since it doesnt actually do anything in relation to the players skill level other than give/take points away from winning/loosing team. It doesnt seem to affect VI gameplay so it isnt really a big deal breaker for people. Its like some kind of hostile takeover and trueskill is stage 1:smiley-whacky086: lol

5. TrueSkill is all about skill and designed by Microsoft. A multibillion dollar company will not call it trueskill if it didn't measure skill. There's no point in trying to explain over and over again in what people fail to understand. Trueskill will not come to PR nor any of the new upgrades and skills I had planned. If that is what people want-- to stay with whatever they have and see nothing new or cool, and avoid any possibility of making the mod more fair, then fine, that's what you'll get.

6. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

ignore the naysayers! dooooo it!

Everyone will like it once it is up and running.
    If they didn't want modded games and cool features they wouldn't be here on the PR servers anyway

7. Captain Obviuos

Captain Obviuos MG Donor

I did not say I was against TS, but reading over my previous post I can see that I was unclear on that. All I mean to say is, everyone resists change; it is a natural human characteristic. Before any changes, I collect all the information available before making up my mind, as age and wisdom have taught me. I am not one of those who just jumps into something without first ruminating, which is why I am not a churchgoer. O-)
    Making changes, any changes, should be discussed before implementation, especially when dealing with paying customers. This discussion is getting the intended effect: Creating interest in those servers which have been mostly deserted. And from what I see, it is working!

8. If I can get 5 PR players to reply to this thread (besides you) that want TrueSkill, killstreaks, magic etc, then I'll reconsider. However, I do not want to introduce something really cool (in my opinion of course) into PR out of the blue.

9. Pessego

Pessego Guest

Four left...

10. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

three left

11. szSteam_76561198049914430

szSteam_76561198049914430 Last Online: 39 hrs, 42 mins ago

12. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

One more, if you please

13. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

I think poll in this case seems more legit than counting to five

14. lol, I can't convert it to a poll after creating the thread, and I don't want to see any more trueskill threads created by me :P

15. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

AVIL MAKES 5!

16. Pessego

Pessego Guest

17. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

I didn't.I like true skills but not whole idea.And I don't want to go to different mod to receive any skill etc
    I just suggested you to make poll cause, you know, there are 5 people which want to see it.Whats about others?Maybe there are 5 players which against it.

18. You don't need to go to a different mod; it comes out on PR. Only for the first month or so you'll need to go on VI until I figure out a new set of mathematics that finds a way to exclude levels (experience) in its calculation of skill. Remember, in PR, everyone has a different set of abilities, which makes fair matched gameplay a bit difficult to calculate.

19. MissMaryJane

MissMaryJane Banned

Im against it, i think true skill should be left outta pr.... Ill be on battlefield while you guys trial this but im not interested, and i cant even play on mgftw cause steam doesnt have battlefield 3????????

20. szSteam_76561198049914430

szSteam_76561198049914430 Last Online: 39 hrs, 42 mins ago

Well think some players don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.