1. Click here to join our community discord server.

For Questions about Rules, Post HERE!

Discussion in 'Rules & Admin List' started by Mr Zombie, Apr 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Everyone stopped feeding the troll...

2. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Who said we were going to create forum rules ?

3. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Luke said he was gonna put some up....
    Marvel said they were being worked on..

4. Nova

Nova Senior Member

lol I've never heard about forum rules on paper as of now, there was a discussion about it and the best idea to my mind was a disclaimer upon registration, though I didn't see that discussion go any further than that...

5. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

I wont post em, but I think you are moderator enough to look at my PMs. couple of messages about it there..

6. Roflmahwafflz

Roflmahwafflz Junior Member

I dont seem to understand some of the finer rules to PR, with the tank what is this whole afking thing i hear about and why is it hated, sorry im a noob but two things; i havent played on the server in a while (lack of motivation among other things) and i never really grasped the rules, i checked out the server rules but it seemed to be missing a lot on that topic like the whole tank rules nonsense. Can someone explain to me what tank blocking and tank afking is? Last i checked, about 2 or 3 months ago im only lvl 18 on server and am very inexperienced, but i must say I have been wanting to become more active again, in order to do so ive been trying to refresh myself on the rules and everything.

so i am just wondering
    what is tank blocking
    what is tank afking
    and any other limitations when it comes to using the SI

i would appreciate any help with understanding the rules as I am just trying to become a good player on PR and I dont like getting yelled at by people for things i dont know about, which was the reason i initially stopped coming on in the first place.

7. Cunner

Cunner MG Donor

hello, i saw a lot of kicking the noob tank this week-end, i will always vote no.
    people wasted a tank, ya it sucks, but he DOES NOT HAVE TO AFK THAT TANK!!!

high ranking people game, noob got tank and it died, should he be kicked=NO

people who know these rules, and have the levels, are doing this- they know better-

i do not like to blade my friends! but maybe a refresher on not votekicking people who just want to play as the tank once in a awhile?

8. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Hello roflmywaffle welcome to MG. The rules about tank afking is rather the user xxxx uses the tank untill he is about to die and then does afk. That regens the tanks health and is a bug. So the people that use that bug are bug abusing and therefore will get repremended.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you need some information or need to get ahold of one of the admins you cam add me on steam just click my sig and then click add friend on thatvstats page.

As for tank blocking I believe that is referring to tank blocking the ladders or path with objects. I,maybe wrong but I believe that is the reason

9. Selfishflipper7

Selfishflipper7 Junior Member

About the rule that says you shouldn't join a server that has no one in it. What if it's the server i have the best connection in and i lag in all the other servers. Just wondering because in the US campaign and versus servers i have a 56 ping normally and the EU and Asia servers i have over 300 ping normally.

10. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know, no one is going to hit you for that - the only thing that would flag under those circumstances is deliberate farming. If you run through campaigns as normal, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just stick to the US server with players and you'll probably be alright.

Admin can confirm that fully though.

11. erik

erik MG Donor

Actually, when there are slots open on other PR servers, and you're purposely choosing one that's empty... I'll put it this way...

You Are Playing At Your Own Risk Of Being Banned For PR Farming.

12. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

lol.. In other words, it's forbidden to populate empty servers? xD that sucks..

13. tank

tank MG Donor

Hei some times i join to empty server just for fix my buffs, donor things and skills or maybe all friends play co/op and i like play PR, what i gonna do??? Second usualy if one join to empty server join others to after follow me. Somebody need be the first :d
    I think we should be more flexible, plz dont ban me if u see me on empty server i am not a farmer.
    [​IMG]

14. erik

erik MG Donor

That's twisting what I said. An effort to fill up a server is totally different than what I meant. Logically that's the only way to get a server going.

Some players, however, like the guy who posted about it initially, ONLY play on empty servers. When players join, they find another empty server.

I say "at risk of..." "...farming," because of some who do what's called "bot farming" or "saferoom farming." You know what I mean. Any farming bans for gamers playing alone on servers were OBVIOUSLY deserved bans, not just someone saying "oh he's alone, ban." That's not what I mean.

Simply visiting to setup cp or buffs is obviously fine. However, when someone spends 1 hour on 1 map to gain kill streaks, or other things of the sort is what I was talking about.

And btw, the "at risk of" thing was a direct quote from you, Stefe. :P

15. Adward

Basically what I said, erik :P

Could be condensed into "don't take the piss, play normally and don't farm."

Fact is, if you're unsure about whether or not you're farming and you're concerned about whether or not you are, you probably will be. Don't jerk off on empty servers just because they're empty. It's a multiplayer game!

16. erik

erik MG Donor

No, you are correct, and I realize it's basically what you're saying, but gamers unsure of the rules need to see an answer from an admin, especially when it comes to the rules.

17. Adward

No problem mang! All cool.

18. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Send invites and hope they come fast :P

Basically, alter your buffs and go, or
    If you want to play there then don't hang about the safe room (either of them) and move through the map at a normal pace
    which means not hanging about to throw extra molos or using extra puke to set the zombies up for multi-kill bonuses
    So...Play like you have AGORAPHOBIA :D

19. tank

tank MG Donor

Usually when i join to PR server join a lot of my steam friends 'cos i am so attractive LOL ;)
    [​IMG]

20. erik

erik MG Donor

People love playing when you're in-game, dude. You're one of the most formidable foes in PR-VS and always have a GREAT attitude about the game. I personally appreciate it and enjoy the game more because of it!

Don't ever worry about popping into a server for a few minutes to configure !cp or your buffs!

It is almost impossible to define these rules with black & white examples; EVERYTHING is on a case-by-case basis... This applies to all areas of the rules.