1. Click here to join our community discord server.

EXTREME CO-OP COMPLAINTS

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by smokke1982, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ?????

????? Guest

extreme coop doesn't seem all that extreme to put the level cap at 50... Perhaps more common infected?

edit:personally I think level 35 is fine, since there considering Iron Skin.

2. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

I don't think it's going to become policy any time soon to restrict players from entering servers. After all, we want more people playing, as well as the same old regulars such as yourself. So perhaps you might want to drop that particular side of your argument and the air of entitlement you have, or you could always go and build your own server.

3. ?????

????? Guest

I didn't notice that Paranoia tanks could be melee'd now. I think that kind of sucks :[. If you can't fix it, at least give them 200,000 or hp or something!!!

Its extreme coop :[.

4. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

I actually like these servers. But the way I see it, you are giving low level players more concessions than you are giving the high lvls both on VS or COOP. A few of the examples i have named in my first post.

What do we get as high lvls? We get HD, when there are enough players to log on, but even then there are at least 2-3 that are under lvl 50. I lost way to many enhancements stones after completing HD cause some lvl 50 died and we couldn't resurrect it.

I do not know how often you play PR VS L, but i bet you would hate it if you'd work your ass off half a round to make 60 bounty and buy a tank, just to have it wasted by a low lvl that thinks he's the fuzz, just cause he is big and mean. Or to miss out an entire event cause you died tried to help someone that can't even crawl.
    Worst part about tank events? The lowlies sit aside, safe and sound til the tank is dead. Then they rush in for the toasters. If they can crawl, they will, and if you try to pick up a toaster, of the tank's body it usually picks up the in-capped noob. Tell me how fair is that? 0% work and then 100% demands on the rewards...

On another note, I do want to say thanks for the negotiator buff. it helps a lot both on Extreme COOP and VS.

5. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

I agree that the tank might be underpowered on the extreme coop servers, however, we cannot increase any of the tank's variables (such as speed, health or damage), because i can bet we will get even more complaints. Users will start whining because they are not able to kill the tank, and will just quit.

Tanks are an exact copy from Normal Coop servers, so you are totally wrong when you say that they are easier on this server. Tank's health, speed, damage and buff list are equal.

Paranoia tanks were receiving damage from melee thanks to an error on the script, which has been corrected on the latest release (v1.0.7.6).

The distribution from the special infected and common infected, is not up to us. We cannot make extreme changes on the game's core, so we still use the official valve spawning system, which was designed for a total of 4 survivors. Even if we are able to increase the amount of special infected per map, valve still runs certain scripts (that we cannot override) that will limit again to a low number. We are unable to do any changes on this matter.

About the level limitation, i think it would be very wise to put a level limitation on the server. Considering the argument that low level people still should have a chances to win, i think the level limitation is still an option. However, when new costumers or players join to our server, and instantly receive a level limitation message, that causes some kind of rage on our servers. They probably are not even able to check out the in-game features and gameplay in general and indeed, the server will remain unknown for them.

This is totally unacceptable, because, despite we like to play with experimented and high level players, these will not be playing on our servers for ever. We must give everyone and equal chance on all our servers.

Now, reading all of your arguments, i must disagree on a few of them.

I've seen high level players doing absolutely nothing to clear out a room or an area, while low level players are constantly waiting for their teammates, shooting everything to avoid any damage or atleast, moving with the team. High level players want to receive their 150HP+ when getting revived, just to stand once more and begin the "Rushing Contest".

I must admit that certain upgrades and skills, that came out on the first release of this system, killed most of the teamplay and true meaning of the game. I wish i could just remove them, and come back to what it used to be. They were supposed to be small boosts, but for some reason and thanks to my stupidity, i did not change them.

Said that, i'm not attacking your arguments or any of your suggestions and complaints. I'm just saying this, because i would like that people thinks a bit more (Think on marvelous gaming integrity, new incomers, old players, and all variables that involve a suggestion or complaint) before posting any suggestion or tool that they want to see. Anyway, enjoy your stay on Marvelous Gaming, and please, keep posting any suggestions, bugs, abuses or complaints you might have. They are all welcome and we will try to give you the most complete answer we can make.

6. ?????

????? Guest

I just found these two a little hard to believe... Correct me if I'm wrong.

1)On Normal coop, the tanks just kick more ass compared to extreme. I honestly find a Paranoia tank on Normal Coop more extreme than the ones on extreme-coop. Not to mention, the tanks on coop also have transformations o.o!

2)Really? I just stabbed a Paranoia tank to death; not even 20mins ago on L.A extreme :/...

7. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

Thank you for answering Honor. I do have some add-ons to what you say

Teh best way to clear a room/area is to molly spam the whole thing. Now if you have low lvls you can't do that because they will take fire damage. You can't throw a pipe for the same reason. And also you can't shoot ar random cause you might hit them and incapp them. Same for melee. Having ppl over lvl 50 kinda prevents team-killing.

8. arg77

arg77 MG Donor

I played with them since i started to play in marvelous ....

and have the best team work i have ever seen.

(Bonekeep, youngblood, kaos, vulcan) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. Tsunami

Tsunami Senior Member

Tell me, what will make you leave the servers more: a) getting rejected from a server because your level is too low, with a possibility of being redirected to an easier server, or b) getting killed by a smoker every round as soon as the safe room door opens?

10. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

It is impossible to redirect a player to another server.

Redirecting the player instantly, does not work.
    Kicking the player while sending a redirect request is impossible.
    Kicking the player, and then sending a redirect request is impossible.

Players must agree on the redirection, and if we make them "choose", they will probably stay on the server and it will be useless. The user's client block any "connect" command, and players must press F3 to successfully connect to the server.

The only option left is kicking the player. New players will surely pick the next server on the list, which will be probably, not from our community.

11. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

C) High level players HELP low levels in those situations and this won't make people leave the servers if they see the teamwork because the PR system is something different from other servers and if low levels receive help then they will stick around and level up.

The people who want low levels to be 'kicked out' of the extreme, i just want to say one thing to you guys.. Only if you guys were treated and kicked off the servers by high level players when you were low level players yourself, then you guys would know how it feels to be treated like shit.:rockon:

12. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

A...raised, let me share some of my experience from playing today on Extreme COOP, with 10 out of the 14 players being under lvl 40 and till one or 2 more high lvl came, i was the highest in lvl at 157 followed by arch at 130 something.

• Rushing like there was no tomorrow, from the lower lvls. Very few cases they would stop and pick up an in-capped player. GOD forbid exiting the safe-room if someone was in-capped outside. On Hard rain first map, there were 8-9 players just sitting around in the safe-room while Arch, me texan and another higher lvl were getting our asses whooped cause we tryed to save a lvl 15 guy that was kinda slow.
    • Med-Kits Waste. As soon as they were in the safe-room, the lowlies started healing themselves and each other. And i am not talking about one player healing all inside, i mean one n00b healing another noob, picking up a kit, and healing another noob. SO, on every campaign i played today i started at least 3 out of 4.5 maps with no kit.
    • Tanks Finale - same as always. the lowlies would run like hell when tank was on, just to come when the tank was almost dead and try to toaster whore. Worst were the ones sitting next to the tanks doing nothing and waiting to get incapped , so if someone would try and pick up toasters, they would pick them up instead.....

Now raised, tell me: Do you want the high lvls to baby-sitt..i mean help those players? cause 75% of the players under lvl 50 fit the above category perfectly. 0 work and 100% rewards.

You know what a noobie told me today after i picked him up instead of toasters after killing the tank "I got my toasters, sucks to be you"
    My response came one campaign later when me and him were the only ones left inside the elevator shaft on no mercy rooftop - finale. We were both in-capped, at the bottom of the last ladder.I had bought a kit,crawled far away as possible from him, self-revived,climbed up and stood on top of the shaft, molly in hand, looking at him while he was getting whooped by hunter. "Well, I guess it sucks to be you"i told him in chat. It was so refreshing seeing him cry for help and watching him die.

I guess karma was a bitch, cause i got 2 gems that wound and lots of xp, while he was sitting on the side-line.....

13. Raised in Hell

I'm not a very big fan of Coop, whether it is normal coop or extreme coop which is why i mostly play on the VS server because VS server seems more action pact and challenging to me but i did play on the extreme server for around a week and i hardly had any problems with the low level players.. Maybe there are/were less low level players playing on the EU server compared to the US server (not sure) ..

This is what i believe on the following:

Rushing - If low level players want to rush on their own and die then so be it because i mostly would stay back to help the people at the back, why? Because i would get more exp by helping the people at the back instead of rushing because i would get more chances of reviving my team mates, killing more SI and the CI but i did rush myself every now and then but i would throw molotovs along the way which low levels can't so if they rush on their own then they will die and if they die couple of times by rushing and watch people at the back working as a team and managing to survive then maybe they will change their views on this rushing and decide to play as a team. You feel good when the rushers died and the people who worked as a team managed to survive, they get more exp by killing all of those zombies/SI and for completing the map which the rushers don't get.

Wasting Med Kits - I would have enough bounty to buy heal or a med kit as it only costs 15 or whatever with the negotiator buff but even when i didn't have the negotiator buff, i would manage to get enough bounty to buy health pack but if someone would waste the kits on themself then i would just kick that person because we don't need selfish pricks who only think about themselves. I can see why this is a problem but if your not an admin then you can't really do much apart from just votekicking the person.

Tanks, Toasters - It is annoying when low levels don't do anything and then take the toasters but it comes down to whoever is the quickest gets the toasters. I have managed to only pick up 1-2 or even non toasters myself after doing so much damage to the tank but theres nothing we can do to stop that, unless we freeze something like half of the players who did the least damage to the tank so if 16 people are on the server then only 8 would be able to move and pick up the toasters but the problem with this is, if they are freezed then they will take damage from SI/Zombies and will get incapped/Die so that wouldn't work. Toasters are one thing but so many times, i have done so much damage to the tank and low levels got the gems and i wouldn't so i got fed up and bought so many gems from the store to max my things and 1 gem is more valuable than 2K exp, 500 points, 20 bounty toaster .. Well most of the toasters unless it is a level up toaster/ Double exp / 5x Exp toaster ..

The temporary solution to all this 'low level taking the toasters' is, when they die then don't defib them. It is not a good solution because that's no real team play and if there are 10 low levels out of 16 then 6 survivors would die and fail. I did a similar thing to one guy on the EU extreme server who was a member of the P clan. I got smoked and he just ran and as i waited for him to turn back to shoot the smoker, i saw him running away until he got incapped himself so i used my knife and my kit to self revive, i stood next to him, jumped up and down on his body, told him, he doesn't deserve my help and ran past him. There are some people who are like that because normally i pick up everyone because i get exp for picking them up and they get 180hp or whatever it is so that also helps them.

I don't mind if i get picked up with 30 hp but the only downside of getting revived by a low level is the amount of time it takes them to pick you up and sometimes, they get incapped themself but like HC said, atleast you can be thankful to them for trying to help you unlike some ungratefully rat faces who don't help anyone.

14. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Why play here if one doesn't like the rules? Voicing an opinion and arguing an opinion are two separate things. The admins clearly state that this isn't a democracy, and no matter how many people say something sucks, players must deal with it regardless... I mean really, so many complaints have been expressed by players but in reality it is the admin's choice on what to do with it. Deal with it.

15. Aconit

Aconit Junior Member

Hi, I use to play Extreme COOP, mostly to get gems, and of course because it is challenging.

I do like when some low levels are playing, because saving them makes the game even harder for high levels. I mean, when you have 3-4 level 100+ in your team, the game isn't extreme anymore.
    I agree with HC and in a certain extend with Raised : Yes, low levels are wasting medikits, they slowly revive you with 30 HP.....so what ? Seriously, I really apreciate when they revive me : even if it is very extreme for them, they risk their ass to help the team. THAT is teamwork.

In the other hand, when level 1 connect the server for the first time, they don't read the rule. Nobody does ^^'. They don't understand it is an extreme server, nor that "level thing". I think they should be warned it is a difficult server (just a message when joining), and that an easier one exists. Otherwise they get killed in 20 seconds and never connect again to a mgftw server :'(.

(Btw, awesome work on PR, mgftw crew ! Thank you for that !)

PS : sorry for my poor english...

16. Tsunami

Tsunami Senior Member

How about as soon as the player joins, if his level is too low, he gets moved to spec automatically, and gets a message about redirection? Is that possible?

Also, I have a few suggestions about tanks. Here they are:
    - Normal tanks: They have 50% melee resistance and 0% bullet resistance. This means that they'll take double the amount of slicing and bashing before they fall. They should spawn on the first and second and third chapter of the campaign, and when killed, give everyone 500 xp and 50 pts. They have a 50% chance of dropping a gem FOR EVERYONE. It's not fair for 8 players to get 2 gems in one finale, and the other 8 to get only xp and pts.

- Paranoid tanks: They have 75% melee resistance, 15% bullet resistance and 50% fire resistance. They should spawn on the fourth (if the fourth chapter is not the finale) chapter, and when killed, give everyone 1000 xp and 100 pts. They have 100% chance of dropping a gem FOR EVERYONE!

-Shaman tanks: They have 100% melee resistance, 30% bullet resistance and 100% fire resistance (this is where bile bottles come in handy, if the tank is biled all the time). They should only spawn as soon as the finale is started (chopper called, concert started, etc...), or in The Parish finale, the first tank you meet. When killed, they give everyone 2000 xp and 200 pts. They have 100% chance of dropping a gem, FOR EVERYONE, and 50% chance of dropping an Enhancement Stone, again, FOR EVERYONE. I mentioned stones, because, since helms deep is down, there is no other way of getting a stone in-game.

Wait a second! Who said anything about the rules? We're only discussing co-op extreme here. In the current state, more new players leave co-op extreme because it's too hard for them, and they basically don't help anyone.

What, you think that I like new players to leave? Hell no! New players mean potential donors, and because of potential donors, MG exists. All these 'complaints' are suggestions that will eventually bring more players. A new player joins extreme co-op, finds about levels, accepts the redirection message, gets redirected to normal co-op, finds out about the awesome mod, plays there for an hour, levels up a couple of levels, visits the website, sees donations are welcomed, and that they give you special features in-game, donates, finds out about other servers and so on...

Also, when I 'rediscovered' MG again, you have no idea how hard it was to play against the higher levels. Did that made me leave the servers? I dunno, you tell me.

17. Raised in Hell

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz .. Why is this level thing debate still dragging on after Marvel said ..

"Our servers are public, and for anybody that wants to play and is willing to follow our rules, not for a select group of elite players."

We appreciate your opinions and do consider taking the good points into the account which could benefit MG and all of it's players but this level restriction will not benefit everyone, it will only benefit the mid-high level players. The low level players look upto high level players to know more about the game and someone mentioned that low level players ask too many questions about the PR such as CP, Buy etc. They ask these questions because they are new to all this and they can't find more about the PR without typing the CP cmd but how will they know what CP cmd is?

This isn't only about low levels and donors, this is also about having as many people on the MG servers. If we start kicking low levels and when more high level players reach level 200 and think there is nothing else to do and decide to stop playing then there will be less people on the MG servers. Another thing, there are times during the day when the extreme servers (EU/VS) are not full even with the low levels so if this level restriction was added to the servers then there will be even less players so now you guys decide, would you prefer playing with the low levels or the bots?

As far as i know, this level restriction is not going to take place any time soon because the extreme server won't feel extreme if only mid-high level players play on it.