1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Extra Time - Infected Buyable Idea

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by ChooChoo, Aug 8, 2014.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

How about a new Infected buyable of Extra Time?

I suggest 15 or 20 extra seconds for 3 Credits.

That extra time can become a game changer when time is running low. Also, survivors may suspect a fellow team mate died when time increases, so detectives might start wandering around, looking for a body.

People on the server like the idea, but some say that it should cost 2 credits, saying that 3 sounds expensive and I say it is not for simple reasons.

Infected start with 4 credits already. If it cost 2 credits, each infected player could easily add 30 seconds, and if you include killing 2-3 detectives, that is up to 45 seconds. On a full server, infected could easily add 2-3 minutes or so to the timer right at the start, and that seems unreasonable.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea :)

3. Steph

Steph Game Server Moderator

By the end of the round I don't think anyone will have many credits to use lol.

4. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

This. If I have credits left it might be one or two, but certainly not three.

5. erik

erik MG Donor

I somehow always wind up with a credit at the end of the map lol. Granted, I'm never infected, but when I am, yeah, always have 1 extra.

Regardless, I think it's a really neat idea.

6. ChooChoo

Well then, if it has to cost 2-credits, then it should only add 10 seconds.

Gotta remember that on a full server, you got like 6 infected players, starting with 4 credits, and there are 3 detectives or so... so 7 possible credits. You also earn an X amount of time when killing a survivor.

All of that has to be taken into account.

7. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Knowing that 9 out of 10 people would never buy it, I personally would never spend 2 credits for 10 seconds. It is easier to double-mine someone and gain 30 seconds. 10 seconds is so very few, and you take in account too much. The possibility that every surv will spend credits on time is something that will hardly ever happen.

Why spend credits on time? If I place 1 napalm (4 credits, which would equal 20s of time) I could kill one person. Have one surv less on their team. Gain 30 secs.

The time gained should be more than the possible you could get with any attack-buyable, else it is just easier to buy that. So 1 credit should be AT LEAST 15 sec. Because with 2 credits you can gain 30 sec.

[edit]Plus you are talking about a full server. Where it is hardly possible for INF to win unless they take out a large portion of survs at once. So mostly c4 or napalm. Which both cost credits.

8. ChooChoo

Alright then. How about this idea then:

1 Credit = +20 seconds (You can only purchase it one time.)

9. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

I like that. 20sec is nice, especially if you are chasing someone and clock is ticking down. And one credit is something you have left.