1. Click here to join our community discord server.

EU coop server performance

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by ProVoker, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ProVoker

ProVoker Guest

in the past couple of days the performance of the EU coop servers has declined.
    Lags are becoming so frequent and the pings are unbearable (300-500 ms has become the new standard for most players).
    this issues literally dithered me from playing on this servers (switched to hidden infected for a while which seems to be unaffected by those performance issues).

can we get some comment on this issues, when will they be solved if at all?

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, HI runs on the same hardware so it can't be the server. Right now I have a 30 ms ping to the coop server which seems ok and most players on it have a decent ping as well.

3. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

The crashes are more and more frequent, so much so, I no longer play on co-op as often. It's hardly possible to make it through an entire campaign without a crash.

My options? Bear HI's respawn times or play vs. They seem to be the only stable servers left.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Garbage in, garbage out. If there are crashes, we need to know what details are surrounding them.

In PR-CO, the start of the Cold Stream finale sequence is behind many crashes. PR-COOP, generally, sees crashes frequently when there are lots of explosions. Many, many times (in the last 3 months or so?) I have seen crashes when special tanks are around. (non metallized and non paranoia; bombers.)

Just my observations. Tricky, do you see it in finales a lot?

5. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

99% of the time i play l4d2, it's co-op that I play, can't say I agree that crashes are becoming extremely frequent, but there seems to be no distinct pattern to the crashes when they do happen, I've played Cold Stream a few times in the past few days and it didn't crash once.

Before I found the wonders that are MG servers, the other servers I played on (yeah I'm going to hell for using other servers I know lol) crashed just as much, so it could just be down to the amount of mods running on them or whatever.

6. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Funnily enough, I rarely see it in finales. The most recent I remember was on No Mercy map 3 - Sewers.

I can think of absolutely nothing that would cause a crash when it crashes, at least nothing I can think of or have noticed. What I may do is spend a few hours on co-op recording every campaign played and when the crashes occur. I'll also run a timer to calculate just how often a crash happens.

I have to disagree here Razor. I've been playing on MG now for a good amount of time and I have to say server crashes are more frequent now than ever.

Due to issues on PR co-op, including the crashes, I now play more on vs and the servers there are fine.

I can't comment on Cold Stream crashes as I personally believe Cold Stream should be removed from the map rotation and should be shot, stabbed and hit with a brick :P and I refuse to play it.