1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Donor Abusing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yong Zhun, Dec 22, 2017.

?

Which action you think it is an abuse?

1. Melee Switching

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Skip the unlike map

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Didn't do a votemap when player asking for a votemap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Skipping Bugged map

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Skipping to a favor map

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yong Zhun

Yong Zhun New Member

Donor
    Or we shall call it as premium player.
    These player have contribute some of their money to make the server become better and better.
    Somehow, there is some issue we should put it on the table too.

Donor Abuse
    I found that, sometimes people will say the donor abuse his right by doing some action(Like vote for the map).
    But sometimes I see it is not an abuse. It might because of we have no a “Donor Abuse List” which wrote in black and white.
    So, I would like to discuss some action that can be done by a donor, and lets discuss together whether it is an abuse or not.

1.Melee Switching
    As you to know, Donor are able to have their favorite melee in the game.
    There is two way Donor can get melee in the game.
    The first way is setting in the !donor which is the starting melee list.
    Another way is do !melee while in game.
    Seems like not problem at all, but actually, donor are able to do !melee after he/she get the starting melee.
    Which is mean that donor are able to give one more melee to other players by doing !melee.(Since he can get an extra one)

So is this an abuse? For my view, this can be a minor abuse. Please let me know if you think this is not an abuse.

2.Vote map
    We have no doubt at a, voting map to complete quest is an abuse.
    But there is some situation that it is still in gray zone.

I) Skip the unlike map (I means skipping the map which they don't like it)
    I would like to put this at the first because I see this is the most important that should be talk about.
    If I'm not mistaken, most of the player doesn't look "Cold Stream" "Dead Centre" "Hard Rain" in favor.
    This might due to they feel boring for the map, and might be due to some texture in the map drain their fps.
    So my question is, Skipping these map(which is most of the player dislike it) should be consider as abuse?

II)Didn't do a votemap when player asking for a votemap.
    This is another question that should pointed and this is really happened to me.
    While every player asking the donor to do !votemap but I didn't do, so they are saying I'm abusing the !votemap.
    So do you think this is an abuse?
    For my view, it is not, because I think doing a !votemap is depend on our willing. Doesn't do !votemap when other players ask to do should not be an abuse at all.

III)Bugged map.
    For this category, we have 2 situation that should be discuss.
    - A map is bugged, donor skip the map and to the other map.
    - A map is bugged, donor restart the map.
    No doubt at all we will defitnately need a vote map when the map is bugged.
    But which action should we do?
    Skip or restart?
    Some one just told me that it is an abuse to skipping a bugged map(Like finale of no mercy).
    They say we should just stay in the map and wait for the helicopter even the CI and SI are not spawned.
    So do you think skipping a bugged map is an abuse?
    and which action is the better? Skip or Restart?

IV)Skipping to a favor map.
    When we try to skip a map, which map we should skip to?
    Do we need to skip the next map according to their order? Or we can just skip it to any map we like?
    (Skip to the next map is like vote for Dead Centre when you wan to skip Cold Stream)

And for the last, pardon for my bad English.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

For the melee weapon issue, what person uses 2 melee weapons? If they get their starter melee weapon, then they're probably not going to drop it or even need the second one. Even then, its only once, with melee weapons only costing 3-5 bounty or so, it's not really anything to mention.

The map changing can be a problem, but I'd say only 3 things are what I'd consider abuse:
    • Constantly changing maps
    • Voting for the same maps
    • Voting to change maps for the sole purpose of finishing quests
    Everything else, such as changing maps because its broke, or simply voter preference, is fine in moderation.

fnord likes this.