1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Defibrillator

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by NoWomanNoCry, Mar 19, 2013.

1. NoWomanNoCry

NoWomanNoCry Member

Hello,

I have one suggestion for a defibrillators. Well, while you are playing as a survivors and you get incapacitated, in order to stand up, you have to use your medkit. So, i suggest to make such an option for a defibs too. Well of course, defibs have their own benefits: you can bring somebody back to life, but it really frustrates me, when you see that your teammate just died and you spend all your bounty for a defib and you get incapacitated... this is it... you are dead (incase somebody picks you up). Most frequently that happens when a tank is beating the hell out of you. Maybe this idea is stupid and survivors will get too overpowered... than instead of 15 bounty, make it atleast 20 or so... That would be great and very helpful :)

2. tank

tank MG Donor

Yes it's frustrating when your teammates die , for me 2, but it's part of the game sometimes. But you cannot blame system 'cos you used last bounty for buy a defib :).
    If you are high lvl and have "the negotiator buff", you can easy pick up yourself from ground with full healt (450HP) only for 15 bounty ( just press 4) :), if you are incap, what is correspond the price of one defib 15 bounty.( press 2)
    What i want the say u is if u wanna play Jesus and bring people from the dead i suggest u to have 30 bounty.
    I do like that.
    Sometimes buying defib from last bounty if is better to do if is more skilled player on server but mostly not.
    Using the last bounty u could heal yourself maybe rush and survive then use last points for defib and get incap and die.(remember 2 sometimes after long infinity fight with tanks your adrenaline rush fall down and you use more time to defib the guy.);)

3. erik

erik MG Donor

Whether it's a good idea or not, (I personally like it,) it's realistic and not too far out of the realm of PR.

Renaming thread.

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

To me, I think that defibs should never have been added in the first place and in my personal opinion, removal of defibs would significantly help gameplay across L4D2. Think about how much harder gameplay would be on vanilla servers and then think about how it would be on mgftw.

A marked increase in difficulty level is how I imagine it. No people resurrecting every half a second with 200+ hp would actually make people want to compete and finish the map. However, speaking from a coop perspective, this raises the issue of tanks and their power. Their level of difficulty would have to be shifted down a step to compensate. You can't have the tanks hulk smash and fling everything away that often as a result.

So in response to the defib self revive I say it shouldn't happen, the survivors have enough help from the original system to self-revive, and if you bought a defib instead of going for a self revive option then that's just bad luck.