1. Click here to join our community discord server.

DDoS attacks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, it seems like we're very popular lately as we've been getting more and more ddos attacks. Some attacks peak at 25 gbps or more which is.....insane.

You know in my country (The Netherlands) we have banks that get attacked like that and they have a really hard time dealing with it. Imagine how much cash they have to defend from it compared to us and they still fail at it. We're just a small non-profitable gaming community, all we need is a game server with 3 or 4 people on it which is apparently enough to justify a 25 gbps ddos attack.

I mean this psychopath is attacking us from the moment he gets up until the moment he goes to bed, monday to friday, 7 days a weeks. 365 days a year. Talking about having no life. Even Friday -and Saturday night when we all go clubbing, he's online, plugged in looking for more bandwidth to take us down. I wonder what would happen if we ever gave up and shut down, he would probably commit suicide because we removed his only goal in life.

You know there's always people talking about a free internet. Internet should be open, the Internet should be free there should be no censorship, it should be accessible to anyone and there should be net neutrality, all traffic should be treated equally and get the same priority whether it's bittorrent or http. My country together with Chile even has a law to make sure of that but you wonder why.

It's people like them, groups like Anonymous or Lulzsec, guys like our attacker, they're the exact same people who always talk about freedom of speech and how the internet should be free and open to everyone and yet they are the people ruining it for all of us. They are the reason the government is closing down the internet for us and I almost can't blame them for doing so because as of lately this is really getting out of control. I mean if it's so easy to send 25 gbps to a server just because it has 3 players on it then all I can say is that we almost deserve a closed down internet controlled by our government.

Within now and a couple of years all we have left is a censored port 80 from which we can browse to CNN.COM but any alternative sites are blocked and we can thank these ddos morons who think they actually contribute to our society but they don't, for it. All they are is a bunch of fucking losers without a job and no goal in life what-so-ever.

I know our attacker is reading this, I know for sure because I always see him browse the forums and I can tell him this: We'll never give up, no matter how much money I have to throw at this I will never give up, never ever. You can attack us for the next 5 years and I'll still be here, hosting mgftw and hosting modded game servers.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.