1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dayz Idea's and problems

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by danieljk2, Mar 19, 2013.

1. danieljk2

danieljk2 MG Donor

Ok Here i go First things first im not a huge fan when using forums so please bare with me,

Second: I think vehicles should be respawned on a weekly basis. Instead of waiting for an admin+ to reset them.

Third: The whitelist should be removed till its believed multiple hackers are on the server, this is in order to get the server popular.

Fourth: After i asked marvel to respawn the vehicles last night i woke up to find that the tents cannot be accessed.

And if we get the server more popular im guessing more people who are part of the mgftw group will play dayz.

Last thing and this is my own personal thought we should try and run another server holding the namalsk map with a decent starter kit such as food, pop, map, compass, heat pack and a pistol as there is very few namalsk servers out there with a starter kit.

Also when you look in certain directions theres lagg

2. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Junior Member

Great post :)

Some people are also very slightly frustrated by how friendly the server is too. I find playing this server fun, because it is actually quite relaxing, however I also understand why people would like more of an edge - so Vorpal, all is forgiven!

I think it would be good to remove the whitelist too. Perhaps recruit more admins so there is usually somebody in game to keep an eye on things.

My thinking is that all another server would do, is dilute the existing one. Personally, I still think Cherno is the best map of all :)

I don't really experience lag, even with a ping of 150!

3. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Thank you for the suggestions. We will consider them :) Currently, there are some major site updates under construction. After that is done, we will look more into DayZ tweaking to make it a more enjoyable experience.

4. danieljk2

danieljk2 MG Donor

Cherno is a good map if you want to get the server full with it being the default however a whitelist will kill any decent server activity
    O and crosshairs would be nice :)

5. Hakim

Hakim Member

Ok, played the chernarus map again 2n8 after a long time. Game is still fun, but to quite and indeed no exitement because there are no bandits.

Im a big fan of the taviana map and also the origins add on. Gives that little bit extra to the game.

Im against the crosshair. What can we do to get the server full again?

6. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

DayZ is slowly dying off because the standalone is coming soon. Another reason is because of hackers (hence our whitelist system). I believe this new Wasteland mission is the latest craze and could be something to look into until DayZ Standalone comes.

[video=youtube;1pWUrH__Of4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pWUrH__Of4[/video]

7. Hakim

Hakim Member

Im not totally agree with you rabbit. If you look at the dayzmod the number of people that are playing dayz daily is growing. Not much, but growing. Of course there are a lot of people waiting for the sa, including me.

See you on a wasteland server :-)

8. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Junior Member

Noooooooo! 3DP is bad enough :D

9. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Junior Member

I've toyed with the idea of turning bandit. Thing is everyone is so nice, I couldn't bring myself to shoot anybody!

10. Hakim

Hakim Member

I think it is a good idea that some people are going to hunt some survivors. I hope that we have more action on the server. Kefuddle, would you like to team up and start a bandit clan?

11. danieljk2

danieljk2 MG Donor

View attachment 1994

12. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Junior Member

OK. Why not. I'll be fun. The standalone is in all likely hood quite a ways off so we should do something. I guess I should let go of all the guns and vehicles I have managed to acquire as it wouldn't be right to start a bandit clan with all the best gear already!

13. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Taviana 3.0 is coming out soon, at the end of the month:

http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/taviana-3-0-update.8736/

Finally support for Dayz 1.7.6.1. I'll start working on Dayz again when it comes out, see if I can autoscript the vehicle spawns etc. so the server becomes more crowded.

Hackers are still a problem though, we need to fix that or it will be a failure pretty soon again.

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Man, I did the whole DayZ Commander thing & tried to connect.

A half hour of configuring & I ended up finding 2 MG servers... both empty... and I was trying to run around in the forest alone in the pitch black night. I think I'll wait till Joris is on or something to ask for some help setting it up or getting into the game.

I wish we could somehow streamline the process to get from point A to point B (playing on an MG Davzee server.)