1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Day Z Tavinia - Future development

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by marvel, Jan 8, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

We have been running DayZ Taviana now for several days and people seem to really like it. I even took a day off from work so I could continue playing it, it's the best DayZ map so far imho 8)

Anyway, we've been testing a new anti-cheat system yesterday, Gotcha Anti-hack. However, we didn't configure it like it should be configured so it didn't work at all and last night we still had a couple of hackers on the server spawning pipebombs and choppers.

Things have been re-configured since then and as of now Gotcha is fully active, monitoring our server for players that teleport or spawn/carry items that are not allowed.

We will leave it running like this for the next couple of days, and make minor adjustements where required. Once we are statisfied with how things are going we will probably just start over again, with a clean database and more balanced vehicle spawns (Right now the spawns we're done quick & dirty just to test the map).

We also need to make decisions on the following options and we'll be needing input from our players for that:

• Spawn with NVG/GPS/G17, keep that, change it or remove it?
    • Number of vehicles on the server / Vehicle types?
    • Day / Night, always daylight perhaps? Or always full moon at night?

Once every decision has been made and the server is final, we'll add database backups every 30 minutes in case some hacker screws up again. This will make it more easy to revert in time and not lose all your stuff.

We also need more active admins, goal is to have at least one admin on 24x7 so it would be great to have admins from different continents, although player ping might be an issue here.

If you have any thoughts, please share. Thanks for reading.

2. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

It's good to see that everything possible is done to keep the server clean......

My input:

* Don't spawn with NVG/GPS/G17. A Makarov or M1911 is good enough and that way you really have to survive and search for better gear,...wich is the actual intention of the game....Spawning with random gear (a hatchet or a knife or sidearm etc.) would be even better, but I don't know if that's possible.
    * Not sure about the number of vehicles, but the numbers and types used in Chernarus are enough for the size of that map.
    * I prefer day/night cycle and bad weather })

3. marvel

The difficult part is to find a good balance. I know I like it hardcore just like you do but that will mean there will probably less players on the server, if we make it to easy there will be too much noobs that don't know how to play the game ;)

I kinda like the large number of vehicles though, it seems realistic that parking lots are full with them but perhaps we could do more damage to them or park them with little or no fuel.

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Good antiscripts are most essential.

You should also blacklist "attachto" and "setposASL" which people uses for teleporting.

5. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Since this is no hardcore server but a funserver:
    • People should keep the G17 at the beginning (G17 because new players may be spawning for the first time at night)
    • four bandages at the beginning
    • Add GPS in the inventory (so navigation is easier for bambi's)
    • Keep Veteran mode
    • Keep daylight settings realistic. (sun down at 21:00 GMT+1, sun up at 9:00 GMT+1)

To add some fun:
    • Give new players a shotgun with 2 shells in it :D (it's a louzy gun and makes so much fucking noise people in a square mile can hear you lol

6. Hakim

Hakim Member

I just found out you guys have the Tavania map now, so i played it today just for 30 minutes.
    I love this map, but i think spawning with G17 is to much.

Also you need to think about the vehicle spawn location, i spawned in Sabina today and found already 12 motorbikes in this city in just 10 minutes. You will see me more often on this map.

Overall you see that 24/7 dayligth servers are more filled with people, so it is up to you guys what you want with this server.

7. marvel

Yes Gotcha bans that stuff.

8. turbo_kev911

turbo_kev911 Junior Member

ok wel i am new here and new to pc gaming...
    but i think the G17 is to much, the M1911 would be sweet... and i find most people don't even try get a new gun just go after choppers, but if you needed a better gun before taking on someone else they might try find one
    the sat nav and map make it easy to team up with new poeple, night vision is cool but if you had clear nights i don't think you need them...
    as for cars, i think its perfect what makes this so fun is getting your hands on some wheels and driving to action and it also helps with finding players when they open doors makes it more fun...

hope this helps.. mr kevin

9. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

My own personal preferences

Start Gear:

- 1911 or Makarov w/2 mags
    - 1 Bandage
    - 1 Painkiller
    - 1 Morphine Injector
    - Flashlight
    - Map

Server specific:
    - 3rd Person View: On
    - Crosshair: Off
    - Day/Night: On

My opinion of vehicle spawns:
    I was near the bridge last night and there is a checkpoint/toll booth area and a building at one end of the bridge (Chertova Styena). I expected at least 1 or 2 vehicles here as it was somewhere I would expect to find a vehicle (according to the map on dayzdb it's got about 7 vehicles that may spawn here). I found none. The next small town called Boye, again I found no vehicles. As Hakim mentioned he found a dozen motorbikes in Sabina city.

Lurking around a city is dangerous, so if we can spread the vehicles out a bit more toward the smaller towns also, that would increase everyone's chances of finding a vehicle in the first town they find after spawning. Of course, make them more damaged and harder to fix (which may force people towards the main city) but at least we have a choice of what we want to do. This town of Boye has a fuel station and a lot of enter-able buildings, making it worth while to search around it.

Another idea is to make the vehicles more specific to the area they are spawning in. If it's more of a farm town, have 4x4's and motorbikes or tractors. If it's near a military area, have UAZ's or military style vehicles (5-ton truck's and heli's). Maybe the cities can have more buses and sedans than motorbikes, forcing people to the smaller towns for a better off-road vehicle.

I can try admin for you. I've been playing this a lot more lately since we got this map and I'm always connected to TS3 when I'm playing DayZ. I know we just login to server controls in game which has a kick function, but I can also help others out just like in our other games, even team up with them if they desire.

10. Hakim

Hakim Member

hi guys,

i just played on the tavania map again for about 45 minuten, walking from boye to the barracks. On my way is found 2 Vs3, 2 other trucks, 2 UAZ, 5 motorbike and a red volkswagen.

In my opinion there are to much vehicles on the map.

We will meet again soon. Just found a MK48, but still not a bigger backpack.

11. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I couldnot find even a tricycle here... But no matter, i have no idea how to drive vehicles

12. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Well there's about 500 of them active :)

13. CrazyRabbit

Sometimes I find a lot of backpacks, other times none. Check supermarkets and apartment buildings, I found 3 in a little town within these particular buildings once. Just unpack your backpack before grabbing a new one or you nerf all your stuff in the old backpack.

Bicycles are the most fun if you're on your own. They don't need fuel and get up to 50km/h on or off the road. They are more manuevarable and easy to get on and off of. Plus, because there are so many of them on the map, it's not hard to find a new one if you bust up your old one.

14. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Well i will have to give them a try when i found them :P

I'll try to find a good backpack tonight :P...
    BTW you signature scare me :O

15. CrazyRabbit

Can we turn the US server into a Taviana server to match the EU server? It looks like no one has played on US Chernarus in a while and I noticed today it wasn't even working.

16. Hakim

Hakim Member

Hi marvel,

2day i found a vospik, or how the hell it is called. I meant the armored truck with the 2guns on top. I had some fun with it, but in my opinion we should remove this trucks fromthe map. I feel like a god inside and they are way to strong.

I dumped mine in the ocean.
    I dont know if this is possible, but please check if you can remove them?

Cheers,
    Hakim

17. CrazyRabbit

It's called the Vodnik. In the ocean is no good, they are amphibious and will continue to float. LOL

These are very tough armored vehicles that carry troops. With bullet proof glass, ride flat tires and 2 massive caliber guns, these are way to overpowered for the type of game we're playing. Please remove it if we have nothing to destroy it with, it's not good to have an armored vehicle on the map unless you add RPG's to the barracks (but then that makes the weapons OP).