1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Day Z: Anybody interested to setup a group/clan?

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by marvel, Jun 25, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if people would want to setup a mgftw Day Z group / clan. Right now we are with three guys and we would like to expand our group so that we can repair cars, setup camp etc. and be more protected from bandits.

Anybody is welcome to join the group, however there will be some minimal requirements:

• No PvP within the group, friendly fire will not be tolerated (seems like a no-brainer). Killing/helping other individuals or players from other groups is your own decision.
    • Headset / teamspeak is mandatory. Imho this game can't be played without voice. Of course we will provide a private teamspeak server.
    • English will be the main language of the group, so it would be nice if you understand english and know how to speak it.
    • We mainly play on EU servers but US is no issue as well, especially when EU is dark.

If this is a success and we can create a large enough group, next thing I want is our own Day Z community server and a separate forum section for this game.

Dayz has become so huge these days that we, as a zombie fan community can't ignore it anymore :) Especially since a lot of Day Z players come from Left 4 Dead.

Let me know what you guys think :)

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

sounds epic to me :P

3. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Count me in! I'm saving up for this game, so I should be able to join you guys soon :P

4. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

I will buy the game next month so count me in :D

5. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

I may well join, I've been looking for a group who won't stab me in the back.

My latest experience:
    *Works with a guy to raid a village for over 15 minutes*
    "Hey, can you help; I'm bleeding out here! I'll trade some ammo for bandages, there it's on the floor"
    "Well.... okay then here you go...."
    "Thanks... btw I need that ammo back" *shoots me in the head*
    }:|
    *respawns at beach, walks for 5 minutes, gets shot at*
    "FUUUU"
    *runs into town, attracts as many infected as possible, runs straight at attacker*
    :smiley-signs027:

6. achilles

achilles Banned

what is dayz.?

7. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Questions:
    How does one exit the game, does it save progress? or it is starting fresh each and every time?

What happens sfter an area if fortified and secured... Then we leave the game?

Is there just the one big map, or multiple maps?

Is there an overall objective to the game?

8. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Same here I'll probably buy it in July.

9. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

1)Your character is linked to the mod maker's server, it is saved regularly while playing (to be sure, when you grab an item you want to keep, sit around for a minute). It saves your inventory, stats and position so when you rejoin, on any server you pick up from that point.

2)You can't really fortify, once an area is cleared of infected, it will remain so for a short while but they will respawn (sometimes within a few minutes).
    Edit: I tell a lie, you can fortify with barbed wire but I don't think it's permanent, no idea how long it lasts though. Also you can't pass through it so it's only really usefull for temporarily blocking an area, or trolling by blocking item spawn areas.
    Double Edit: I tell another lie, apparently wire fences are persistent on an individual server, remaining untill a player with a toolbox removes them; which is bloody stupid and would explain why last time I played every enterable building in the town I explored was blocked off by wire fences. Oh, and get this, it only blocks players, infected can pass through it like air. Hope it gets removed or overhauled in the next update.

3)1 big map, identical on every server

4)Try to survive.
    Possibly if you are in a group get to the stage when you can repair a vehicle, then go on a rampage

I would prefer individual server "worlds" that are persistent tbh, it would could add quite a lot to the gameplay and make for better community servers but this is enough to hold my interest untill The Dead Linger alpha arrives :P

10. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Sounds like a good way to blow $30. I'll be in soon.

Where's a Steam sale when you need one...

11. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

As soon as I am done with my Wyoming move and have a good internet connection i will buy the game!!!!

12. joerve

joerve Senior Member

this game rules!!

the advantage is when you are with more people, you don't have to search for supplies because I for instance have a backpack with
    countless supplies already scavenged.

13. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Disadvantage of playing with friends is that you can get shot by mistake and lose all your stuff :P

14. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Well, I would finally like to be able to trust the person I'm with, or anyone for that matter. Currently, I'm alone and crawling (yes, broke another bone) from Novy Sobor (strange little glitch where I spawned after my last death) to Stary Sobor in the hopes that the military tents might have some morphine. If not, I will likely commit suicide and respawn back at the beach closer to civilization, because I'm NOT crawling to the nearest hospital over 30km away.

Definitely count me in, it's been a long time since I played Arma2 and I needed something to bring me back to it.

15. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

If you can play at the time i play with my mates, don't go respawn. We are somewhere in the forest near Vyshnoye, just a few miles south of you and we got plenty of morfine with us.

The military base in the north doesn't have morfine, it has certain death since it's full of bandits.

16. kringles

kringles Junior Member

I've picked this up about a week ago and been trying to find trustworthy people to group up with.

Please feel free to add and message me on steam:
    [?

17. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

So how does this game work? Do you hang around with your "buddies" and try to survive from zombies and other survivors? BTW, i just bought this game so count me in as well ..

18. jtork

jtork Senior Member

will probably most likely buy game if you have a server where I can trust the players in my groups ... will have to get mic/headphone 1st though ... maybe after my vacation to the dominican republic i'll get one

does this game have maps for the new players to find our way around? etc ... and be nice to add the MG pathing here LOL

19. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah we need our own server but they are really behind, there's like a month waiting time to get a server whitelisted. Another problem is reserved slots, they are planning it but Day Z doesn't support it yet, so if we setup a really powerful server for maybe 75 players it will be always full and we would never be able to join.

It would be really nice if we can have a server with say, 75 slots and make 25 of the 75 slots reserved for our members.

20. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Rule #1
    No one can be trusted and there are no private servers. The best thing to do is connect to your buddies using teamspeak and stick together. Any stranger you come across is probably hostile and will shoot you because you might carry some nice stuff.

When you buy a gameserver for DayZ you as a admin have absolutely no extra advantages except for kicking people.

There are plenty of maps around, but this one is the most complete:
    http://dayzdb.com/map