1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

CP Idea

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Sunburn, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn MG Donor

I know that prestiging is an OLD idea, and those rich bastards who buy the rich kid package would receive all of the perks of prestiging to the highest level, but I have to admit, there really is almost zero point to playing after you hit level 200. It's -grind grind grind- -DING!- ...What now?

I was thinking that even though you might start off at level 1 again, you'd maybe unlock 2 or 3 more buff slots per prestige with a max prestige of 5? That way while it does take one hell of a long time to get to the next prestige, you'll be playing better from having more buffs while HC puts in different gameplay stuff.

Also, a way to prevent people from just hitting 200 and prestiging, make them play for 24 hours as level 200 then the low levels that kill them have a while to get exp and level up for it.

2. Justme

Justme Member

So it will be like resets that they have in private servers of mmorpgs.

How it works there is that if you reach max level and reset you will get some special skill that you can use, special armour and many more things.

And usually you can reset 2 or more times.

It would be awesome if that could be the case in PR as well.

More buff slots would be awesome and it would also be cool if you could get some new skill/upgrade/buff that you can only get if you start over.

I do however think that once you do reset to level 1 you still have all the upgrades/skills/buffs etc that you maxed however they don't function until you reach the level required for the buff/skill/upgrade and then whatever level you left those skills/upgrades/buffs on you will have again. So if they were level 4 they will remain level 4, if they were max they will remain max.

I mean you don't have to reset and if you do reset you get a prize for it but you also need to be a newb all over again except you don't have to work your ass off for points if you already maxed everything.

So all in all this will make it more special to reset.

3. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

You know when you said max level, do you mean the level of the skill/upgrade or the level 200 as that is the max level and another thing, how would this pan out for the people who bought the rich kid package because they will get EVERYTHING maxed out even when the new skills, upgrades come out so how can theirs be reset..

4. August

August MG Donor

This is a good idea but those people who bought the Rich Kid package should just get the max prestige level or whatever it is. They paid $400 bucks already dude, that's enough, they should be the highest level possible. Besides when they bought the package they bought it to be maxed so they chose to be that way - so let them be.

5. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

If prestige only gave you an extra buff slot then i don't think it's worth it because there is already one skill or upgrade which i cant remember from top of my head that can be used for this purpose. E.g. If you have level 5 of that skill then what it does is, if five or less survivors are alive then all of your buffs which you bought get equipped and can be used so i wouldn't want to be level 1 again just for some new buff slot or for few skills and upgrades. Most of the people who play on PR play for the levels, skills and upgrades and i don't think they would want to lose all that to be level 1 again.

6. i think it should be like tibia: no level limit. The roots could elaborate an arithmetic progression that would define the exp needed to lvl up according to the exp you needed to reach your current lvl, like: you need 200K to lvl 130, to lvl 131 you would need 200k+ "2%"... something like that. would be fun, but maybe it would be senseless to get lvled up without something in exchange, like 5hp more each lvl you get after reaching 200...

7. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

That skill is Desesperation ;)

8. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Wow, this thread is like a copy of my mod. :P

9. [lol] Yö

[lol] Yö Junior Member

ooooooor your mod is copy of this thread? Seeing as one guy bumped a 2 months old thread. :P

10. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Tibia? You kidding, right?

11. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

[QUOTE='[lol] Y

12. joerve

joerve Senior Member

The rich-kid isnt for sale anymore. And if you made it to level 200 without buying anything from the store you really have no life lol. Do you know how long that takes lol

13. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

=O i feels insulted im only lvl174 and i have a life :p i just know how to lvl up quickly though i do have the double exp points package so yeah lol. Also yeahh i tested litehawks mod its pretty niceeee. Looks like i may just have to spend time on points reloaded and points revolution.

14. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Thanks :) PRev is only 30% complete now. (Used to be 55% complete but I added a clan war system, so the percent dropped.)

Rich kid package IMO was a nice idea because MG earned a lot of crucial money to run the servers. It was a nice idea because it was my idea (if I recall correctly) along with the starter pack (correct me if I'm wrong marv) xD

Off topic, but idk how the rich kid package can even apply to Points Revolution because of the following differences:

1. PRev does not set a level cap like PR. In PR, the level cap is 200. In PRev, there is no level cap, so if players played enough, they can even get to lvl 1000. What does that mean? It just means levels are used for nothing but experience tracking. The more experience you have, higher the level. It doesn't necessarily mean a level 450 player is better than a level 10.

2. The main goal in PRev is to get your True Skill to 50. It sounds easy, but trust me, it's very very hard. If you've ever played Halo 3, PRev uses the exact same ranking algorithm to calculate your true skill. The same one.