1. Click here to join our community discord server.

cheap tanks for the poor on VS

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by jarrick, Jul 1, 2013.

1. jarrick

jarrick Member

I know it's supposed to be fun but there's a lot of serious players on the PR Vs servers and there's a certain amount of pressure to pass on the tank if you don't have the levels of a god. This must be frustrating for the lower level players who would like to play with the tank too.
    So what I'm suggesting is; if the player is turned into the tank, then they can pass it on, but if they buy a tank with their own bounty, they can't pass it on (going afk will only kill it).
    The other thing is that to balance the game better, it should be cheaper for lower level players to buy tanks, and much more expensive for the near invincible.
    It's probably a nightmare to code though.

2. Ping

Ping Guest

Tanks make or break the team and the end result you can see clearly before it has even finished depending on the tanks. VS is competitive play so the team with the most teamwork will succeed (which is more fun instead of constantly getting owned because of a stronger opposite team).. whole point of PR is to level up, and become stronger which is all part of the fun of it... I don't agree with you.

3. tank

tank MG Donor

You don't need the pass the tank it's not a rule,
    specially if you buy it with your bounty.
    But have in mind if you wanna play tank as low lvl,make some basic upgrades,health,speed, like buff "wet skin" so can resist fire and maybe buy Paranoia buff from the store cost 3 bucks,
    have in mind ,idk what lvl you are but if you spawn with 6K health, me and one more shoot you up with magnum in less 4-5 sec.
    If you want the buy cheaper thing need upgrade to lvl175 then can buy "negotiator buff",its boosters from the store get u lvl up faster,+ wait for helms deep events. Like all of us we were low lvl to,not many guys started form lvl200 (me i know only 2 guys), i started play PR on VS server from lvl1, was hard ?yes.

4. tank

tank MG Donor

That's ok what you said,
    but its also right that all play tanks,specially if i buy tank tank with my own bounty and pass it to low lvl to have lit fun to,
    i don't see reason others players pressing him to pass my tank :)
    Only thing that sucks now and that could be maybe fixed spawn in favor for low lvl to work like before ,
    He should get it same health as I passed so even low with 40k
    can do some good work with SI support (teamplay low or high lvl no matther)
    i pass my 40K tank today, to other low lvl player who get it,he lose all health and spawn as 6K tank.
    And that sucks,
    i remember one time was myself low lvl (not lvl1) have some basic upgrades (wet skin,mind control,ghostgod...) if someone high lvl passed tank was spawning
    with hes health give me chance to do damage to survivors and lvl up. So give the new guys chance to lvl up.
    On PRVS we missing lvl up toasters and maybe more multitoasters specially for killing me or some high lvl tank ;)
    why s reduced idk,(ratio spawn???), but in past low lvl have it better chances .

On the end since last update all time spawn 5-7 tanks, depend of the map,even if low lvl waist some tank its not so big deal.