1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Chaser Gamemode

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ?z???[??L], Feb 16, 2014.

1. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Its a game mode like TTT but different. There is a tank chasing you. And you just try to run and hide from him, that he must be faster than survivors so he can catch them. Every time he kills a survivor he will get damage bonus. And there will be a target player that gives better boost. the target player will be marked on the chasers cam. the target player changes every time the chaser kills the target player. target player gets damage bonus that can do better damage to the tank. if there is only 1 player left, he will get speed boost + damage bonus. if the chaser goes on target player streak(He must kill 5 targets in 1 munite) he will go invinsible. To balance that, if the survivor does 5k damage to the chaser(in 5 munites.) he will get a bile bomb that does critical damage to the tank for how long the bile lasts. the player doing the most damage to the chaser will be the chaser next raund. So thats all about it, hope you all like it. I am always open to new ideas for this gamemode.

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I think it's a great idea but wouldn't the tank know the position of the survivors by the damage indicator on screen? If you say no that will be/can be disabled then this puts the tank at a MASSIVE disadvantage having survivors shooting from all angles and only knowing of one survivors position at a time.

I can see it being a good, unique gametype but there must be alot of work put into it to make it balanced. Maybe Admin will take a look and come to a conclusion on this if, they too, like the idea put forward.

I agree though, it sounds good fun :D

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm not convinced this will be a game mode that would last long. It sounds too repetitive to me.

Other than that HI is still in development and is really popular right now, I think it would be too early for yet another mod.

4. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Isn't HI also repetitive? Sometimes players are survivor many times in a row, rounds CAN last only 5 minutes, shorter if the INF is new/b. same maps on rotation e.t.c.

That said, I have to agree with what Marvel has said. If MG constantly pump out new mods there will be no surprise when one is released. Eventually they will just be recycled game modes with tweaks. I still LOVE the idea but I don't think right now is a good time for it. There's always the future ;)

5. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Well he will se others survivors also but the target player is always marked on their screen. When a survivor doesn't moves the green line around him disappears (Or any color.) but when it comes to target player. It does not. (Edit: That the non-target players can hide, if they keep afk their line disappears. Non-targets have the advantage of the hiding, but when it comes to target player, it does not. When he kills the target player, the target player changes. Giving the advantage to hunt them all down.)(Edit: Editted a typo.)

6. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

And also that i can wait, no one dies from waiting ^-^ (Editted a typo.)

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Right, you can bring the issue up again whenever you want, that is a good perspective to have!

In the interim, Mixed Mode might offer some of the features you are looking for.

8. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Erik, Can this game mode be released after TTT is fully done and out of beta?