1. Sickening Tank Scenario returns! More info here.

Can I just ask?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by JustAnEntity, Jul 28, 2018.

1. JustAnEntity

JustAnEntity New Member

Why on earth does the Scenario server had to be on EU? It's kinda terrible that it has to be there since most of the players that want to join couldn't have a better gameplay because of latency. I would be happy if it's placed near Asia, since most of the players that participate Scenarios are mostly from Asia. And I'm one of them.

This is mostly an opinion, not a hate thread or anything. I'm okay with negative answers, it's okay if you don't like my opinions at all.

2. Banshee

Banshee New Member

Sure, its your opinion, and its your good ability to say your opinion, and on your question, i think thats possible because many playing on the Asia server i mean both are nearly full at the time i look at the Server, but i m not a Mod / Admin, so lets wait what they saying to this.

Greetings
    Banshee

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

There is no specific reason, it's just that it has always been that way. When we first started we only had EU servers, Asia came later. Later on Asia became more popular than EU but EU is still our 'home base'. Scenario is more like a global server, not location specific that's why it's on EU, a bit the same as custom coop.

We could move it to asia for sure but then we could also move all the other servers, the website etc. It's just that we still have a lot of EU/US players and we don't want to shift to 100% ASIA/Oceania.

Moving scenario is up for debate though, if it's really only players from that region on that server.

Gemini likes this.
  4. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Good question without any specific answer like Marv points out.

Imo this topic will always be questionable, but at the end of the day it's more or less people from EU (incl. me) voting against it whilst others from APAC will vote for it on the other hand.

Back in the days Asian servers were also more vulnerable against attacks.

Adward and raz like this.
  5. JustAnEntity

JustAnEntity New Member

"Asian servers were also more Vurnable against attacks." What do you mean by this?

6. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

DDoS attacks - historically DDoS protection in Asia has been prohibitively expensive and more unreliable than the services available within EU/NA.