1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Break goggles skill

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Duncan, Aug 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Well, some players told me this week that versus will be unplayable when everyone gets their pair of goggles, and even though I think this is an overreaction, I guess they do have a valid point to consider, so I come up with this:

I know I'm gonna get a lot of dislikes for suggesting this but since a LOT of versus players are getting goggles an we didn't like the option of "!buy -> break goggles" I think this will be a middle point necessary to make versus more playable. A break goggles general infected skill that works from 0 to 5% chances (only) for claw hits. Lets say:

break goggles lvl1 -> lvl211 = 1% chances of break the survivor goggles on each claw hit
    break goggles lvl2 -> lvl212 = 2% chances of break the survivor goggles on each claw hit
    break goggles lvl3 -> lvl213 = 3% chances of break the survivor goggles on each claw hit
    break goggles lvl4 -> lvl214 = 4% chances of break the survivor goggles on each claw hit
    break goggles lvl5 -> lvl215 = 5% chances of break the survivor goggles on each claw hit

Anyway, it's just a suggestion the values and % are just to provide a general idea. I think this skill may works ok

EDIT: effect last just until the end of that round

2. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Im not 100% sure how people really feel about goggles in versus as im usually in coop but i guess it sounds like a good idea and it kind of evens out the playing field for those that dont have it.

Its a lot of money and gems though for something that could just be broken at the start of every round

3. gcrook

gcrook Member

Well my opinion on the subject is a bit more radical but since we're discussing what the heck. For the record i havent bought goggles yet but im planning to get it within the next few weeks or so. For starters im not sure whether that many people will have access to goggles buff and how that will affect the server. So lets just assume there will be an issue soon. My opinion is this:Goggles is a very expensive buff.Those who got it deserved it and or payed for it one way or the other.So one would expect that in order to sort of negate the effect of this buff one would have to come upwith a skill such as the one duncan mentioned that would have to be at least as valuable as the goggles buff out of sheer respect to those who have it.I would hate to have spent so many gems for a buff that can be negated by a simple skill! Mind you a buff is something that is unique and has a unique place to the buff inventory which means that it occupies the space of another buff.So in order to have this buff you lose some other useful ability.So the one who negates the goggles skill must be a buff too and thats the problem.First of all the buffs right now at least to me cause srious headache as which to choose from.I would hate to have another buff that negates a buff accupying a place in my buff inventory.I would also hate it to became a skill too for the same reason. So if you really think of doing something with the goggles buff i would make goggles buff into a skill that can be upgraded to a certain level,for example a max of 30 or 40% to work and ny using the exact same amount of money and gems to reach the final level (so people who have the buff would be maxed already) and would not create a skill that would force me to have to alter my gameplay in order to reduce the goggles effect. To be honest i would leave goggles where it is.

4. Goggles cost 1.5m cash and 2650 gems if i remember correctly, which is a lot for many people. It is a very good buff to have in coop and in vs. I understand that many have thought of it as a very OP buff and affects the infected team very negatively. On one hand i agree that infected shouldnt gave the option to buy "break goggles". However an upgradable skill to negate the goggles buff is too much as well (unless it costs alot, say 300-400 gems per upgrade, total of about 2000 gems or even more to max it at level 5 as dundun's suggestion).

If it is listed under upgrades/skills, it has to be very expensive.

I also agree with gcrook about his suggestion that it should take up a buff slot. Goggles is a precious and expensive buff which shouldnt be able to be broken without sacrificing something in the infected buff list.

What can be considered perhaps

A break goggles buff, which accumulates upon claw hits, not applicable to tanks of course (Im sure i don't have to explain why)
    starting with 0.5% accumulates additional 0.5% per claw hit to a maximum of say about 4-5 % to break goggles buff for 1 round, or 1 death.
    Accumulated % resets when special infected dies.
    And of course this buff would have to be priced pretty high as well perhaps close to a handler's cost.

5. I like this idea XD. And i agree that it should be a skill(expensive price) but not a buff.The reason is that we have already had similar thing like this: mutation disease which is a infected skill and mutaion shield which is an expensive buff.So on my opinion,break goggles should be a skill which is similar to mutation disease skill.If its a buff,then how many of you will choose to put this buff into one of your important buff slots?I think few people will do this.
    As to the rate of breaking goggles,i think it should be decreased a bit.
    Thats all :D.

6. Duncan

Duncan New Member

There's some general confussion about this, this skill I'm suggesting doesn't break the goggles right away, there is some random chances with every claw hit. Those % I included there are just to explain the model, I'm not saying that everyone will lose their goggles every round. And to be fair goggles downside was the extra damage from boomers and bonus bp for boiling vomit, but now the boomer doesn't regenerate as fast as the times where the goggles come out, so they don't have a real downside now.

I know you feel that is unfair that a cheap skill may cause your goggles to break every once in a while, but its not like this is gonna happens every round. And you start the game with an advantage every round. it's enough that infected have to deal with the super duper @#%$@%@ pipe bomb trap, but also they cant bile the survivor team because half of the team have goggles.

Anyway, about the cost, yeah, it could be 100gems for lvl 200 for lvl 2 etc... but I dont think thats up to us to decide that kind of things. There are not many stuff to buy from 211 to 215, so this may be a good adition.

I agree with Bing's analogy about mutation, besides we all are having problemes when it comes to chose wich buffs to equip :D

BTW, thanks for taking the time and post you opinions to participate in this topic.

7. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

As in my opinion goggles are too powerful as they eliminate 1 aspect of the game I would happily see something that could withstand this buff.

I like the skill idea and i think it could work like that every claw hit in one life would increase chance to break goggles.

Other thing I think could work is something like "bypass goggles" that would not be breaking the goggles but allows to sometimes blind person with bile randomly if vomited by boomer. Chances for this could be greater as it would be calculated each time person is being vomited.

8. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I like that last part :)

And this issue it's already here, I was a tank against 6 survivors and 5 of them had goggles, needless to say, it was a waste of bp to buy bile just for one of them.

9. gcrook

gcrook Member

Actually im Machete XD And second i actually didnt say that at all.I said that under no circumstances should break goggles become another buff,just because it is unfair to be a skill (which we all agree that it is) . We seriously cant have another expensive buff just to negate or eradicate an expensive buff just because some people seem to have the latter. Buff inventory to my opinion is a very strategic place right now,meaning there are a lot of very important buffs to choose from and every spot is precious, and whats the purpose after all of buying an expensive buff whose only function is to stop another expensive buff?Come on now buffs are to serve a general purpose to the gameplay.If one is extremely expensive and powerful and seems to create an imbalance then better ask for it to be taken out alltogether and get your gems and cash back which is a very problematic solution.At least thats what i would think if i was making these stuff.And why the hell am i unable to create paragraphs?Is it firefox browser?

10. Duncan

Duncan New Member

That's why I suggested a skill and not a buff Machete.

Some other players talked to me on steam about this skill idea, and even though they liked it none of them post/like/agree. The point here it's to be constructive, so please leave a post with your opinions here, so everyone can read them and that way we can build something that fix this issue. If you guys don't say what you think here, then don't complain while we are in game that half the other team have goggles. If this ideas don't have support here, the post gets ignored like now.

11. I was dreaming about this topic today, woke up and took a deeper thought into it as well. First of all, i apologise for misinterpreting gcrook. I realise there is a real need for a break goggles element. As bing mentioned, if its a buff, very little people will equip it, based on that fact that buff slots are precious. The reason why i suggested buff is not because i am against a skill. Its a balance issue which i think goggles users will be very unhappy about a mere skill breaking a 3 million cash worth of a buff.

This is what i meant.

IF its a skill. MAKE IT EXPENSIVE. and cap the breaking chance at a low percentage.
    IF its a buff. MAKE IT MORE AFFORDABLE. breaking chance may be increased.

why wouldnt people use a break goggles buff if half the team has goggles? if players can equip shaman buff which costs approximately 7mil cash. and only get like a teeny tiny chance to spawn as shaman, why wouldnt people use a buff that actually has a more significant impact in VS.

12. gcrook

gcrook Member

Ok i see what youre saying.But still wouldnt you agree that making goggles as it is should then be a skill as well?After all more buffs will come soon and to be honest buffs are way too many right now fo the same buff inventory which doesnt look like it will be expanded.

By having goggles as a skill you have 2 options.

If there is truly a problem with it being used by many people etc,then either you create anther skill to break it (but a BIT less expensive since it will have a chance of working) or handicap the goggles skill altogether by giving it a chance of working based on how many people have it.if i were admin i would give a partial gems and cash refund as well to those who have it but thats just me.

But anyway, do you guys really think goggles is such an issue right now?I dont to be honest and since most high level players know that people in the server have the goggles buff they buy bile less that they used to which makes it better for guys like me who dont have it lol.Look at it from this angle too.