1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Boosters.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by szSteam_76561198065109208, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Let them expire only if the person that bought it has played.

For example, If X has not played in a day, then don't deduct -1 from the remaining days of the booster. (What counts as a "day" is just going inside the server than.)

Saves money and inactive players that want to come back will have greater motivation to do so.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I like the idea, however that will be really hard to do. A player joins, it deducts one day, then he re-joins that same day, oh I already deducted one day and this is the same day so I can't deduct another etc.....

Besides you'll end up in discussions like 'I only played for 5 minutes and now I lost a whole day'. And if we do that we'll have to do it for everything, mutation shield, premium package.

So yeah I like the idea but it's hard to execute and it will bring a lot of confusion. Only the regulars that play every day usually buy booster packages anyway.

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Just look at it as a subscription to a XXX site. You'll subscribe for a month but if you don't visit every day they're not gonna refund you the missing days ;)

4. cry

cry MG Donor

I can think of several reasons to use that way of expiration, but (almost?) every game on the internet I know uses the fixed time expiration. So I wonder, why would we do it? My guess is that is is either too hard to implement, will bring up new kinds of complaints, or either does not bring up enough money to keep the servers up and running. After all: the donations are needed to keep MGFTW up. I think we should not cut in that.