1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Berserker mode discontinued

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jun 12, 2010.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

We stop with berserker mode for now. The plugin is too buggy, most things don't work or work bad or the plugin crashes the server a lot of times.

Of course another server will come back to replace it. Still thinking about what that's gonna be.

Suggestions? Post it here!

2. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: Berserker mode discontinued

for a plgin to call it, i have noidea, but we could just chaange some carvs and add some new gear to a server, i was testing some carvs today, man u can make the game seem unbeliveable lol.

Othere than that the VIP server?
    we got a few idears for it, could we give it a stab?

3. Kalei

Kalei Guest

Realism Versus 10v10 server?

Or even 10v10 Scavenge, just to see if people like it

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Scavenge doesn't work on 10vs10. Auto map cycle works but then the next team doesn't get any cans. So scavenge is no option. Realism versus, I tried that in the past but people didn't like it. The server was almost never full so I'm not going to try that again. Maybe when survival versus comes out in a couple of weeks we can give that mode a shot.

I understand you all have idea's how it could be much better and I was thinking the same way before I started building servers myself (In fact, that's the reason why I started) but believe me I've tried all cvars and all plugins possible and it all sounds really easy like: set this cvar to xxxx and the game will be so much better, but it isn't anything like that. Everything you change can cause a major imbalance between both teams or have some other negative effect on the game which causes players to leave.

What seems great the first 5 minutes is extremely boring the next 10. For instance, when I spawn 20 tanks and 40 witches on a server people all go like, whoooww this is so great do it again. Until you do it 3 or 4 times then they get tired of it and most of them will leave the game.

Surely I can set spitter and boomer reload to 1 second and make charger run 500 mph, but it's gonna be problematic when survivors get slaughtered in the first 5 seconds right ;) Nobody likes to lose, you've got to give the players a feeling that there's actually a chance of making it to the safehouse although it's a very smal chance. If not >>> Ragequit. It's really hard to keep that balance.

Anyway, I get a lot of people msg-ing me with idea's and I can tell you, I can shoot a hole in 99% of the idea's they came up with. When I tell them the flaw of their idea (usually within a couple of seconds) they go like: Oh yeah you're so right I didn't even think about that.

However, if you think you have such a great idea that improves the game play a lot then always feel free to post it here. That goes for everybody, players, admins etc. I'm always willing to look at it and if it's really good I'll make the change permanent. Hell, if it's that good I'll create a server out of it :D

5. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

yea when i played arround with carvs, yes it was kool @ first but it does get poo, so we just change the sligest things, slap on some new plugings, and yays =D

6. Mikeedude

Mikeedude Junior Member

I must admit although the beserker mode was fun ,it would have been better without perks and points as well. (cant remember points being there now) It made it much to hard for survivors , I even got insta-killed by a spitter :o