1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Anyone of you guys playing Payday 2 yet? :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JorisK, Aug 14, 2013.

1. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Just curious :)

The game rocks :)

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Picked it up, but I haven't gotten round to playing it yet! Soon though, it looks sweet.

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i got round to playing the beta when it went open on like the last day, didn't really enjoy it so much though. I think i preferred the first one to be honest, so i wont be getting this unless it goes down super cheap

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

The beta aint half the finished game. In the finished game you have 50% more missions, weapons, etc etc.

more variety etc etc

this game is so cool

5. sk3ith90

sk3ith90 Member

i want payday 2 too~ i really like the first one~ but its expensive for me~ so hope for another sale and i will get payday 2 :P
    btw can you guys give any review about the changes from payday 1? thx

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Maybe we can get a game going like before with joerve, marvel you and me. I felt like I sucked lol but at least I got the full thing installed now.

"da da da da da da"

7. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Installing and gonna play, if anyone fancies playing with a newb then hit me up! 8)

8. joerve

joerve Senior Member

dont know only played payday 1 a few times, but what I think the differences are:

you have 4 classes now, tech, mastermind, ghost, and enforcer in which you can upgrade
    Like if you are enforcer, you can intimidate the crowd more, take more bullets, etc etc.
    If you are ghost you are a stealth pro. If you are tech (well speaks for itself)

much more weapons, the higher you rank, the more missions, the more weapons you can buy

you have standard missions like robbing a jewelry or bankheist, but you also have like 3 day complicated missions
    like framing a senator or stealing documents etc etc.

Also, you can do every mission stealth. (but this is very hard).

Like the gameplay is very deep, like if you want stealth you must wear thin armor because heavy armor is seen much more quickly. That kinda shit.

If you are mastermind class and you knock out a guard you have the smooth talker ability so you can answer his pager.

It looks kinda like our PR-mod of left4dead2

9. erik

erik MG Donor

I've played enough of the full version to get to level 11. It is a VERY hard game. It's NOT like Payday 1 in the sense that your level dictates how easy the game is. You don't always see bullet trails. Much of the time, at least as a newer gamer, you feel like you don't even know where the shots are coming from.

- melee shove kills differ (in amount needed) from cop to cop, special force to special force (average is about 6, which is nuts)
    - headshots aren't always a guaranteed kill
    - recoil or weapon kickback is MUCH more realistic and scaled accordingly

In the 4 skill trees, like Joerve said, you can of course max out your chosen specialty... however, from what I read and understand about the possibilities, you can't just "max max max" out like in Payday 1. You really have to plan your upgrades.

One cool thing that I personally enjoy is WEAPON CUSTOMIZATIONS. There are up to six or so things you can modify on your weapon; everything from barrel, silencer, scope, flashlight to... I forget the rest. One must balance concealability (stealth fans) with range and effectiveness, etc. However, it costs a lot to equip something you already have. For example, pre-purchasers get the "red dot" laser sight. By unequipping it from your primary weapon, you have to buy it AGAIN to equip the same exact mod to your new purchased rifle.

Very few weapon mods can be transposed between guns.

So, the point with the weapon mods is, just like the skill tree; plan your purchases withOUT the ultimate goal of "maxing everything out."

You can also enter a disco and get a really annoying tune stuck in your head.

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA

NOTE/EDIT: On a MAJOR, MAJOR downside, it's incredibly easy to cheat the game, as I've been in a total of four games with blatant cheaters and that was just last evening.

10. erik

erik MG Donor

ZoMgGgGgGgG

[video=youtube;clbu02jAiws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbu02jAiws[/video]

11. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

~zOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Marv, Joris and myself just played. We killed like 10 civilians between about 5 heists. It felt like Joerve was with us cuz so many civ's died.

On a serious note, pre-purchasers (Career Criminal Edition,) can find your extras here:

\Steam\steamapps\common\PAYDAY 2

I totally forgot about them! I read the "Guide of Bain" .pdf E-Book thingy and found some cool tips.

13. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

omg ya.. I played this for a couple hours offline,,, when I played online for first time i got like 300K 4 skill points an mods... Got paired up with higher levels an we scored some shit ;) .
    Gawd I hate recoil lol AND THOSE FUCKING PADDED GUYZ FUCK YOU HEAVILY PADDED BITCHES. Half a clip into these padded fucks an nothing*pulls hair out*And the those fuckers with tazers...

ive only got mastermind stuff... So i should start branching into the others? yesterday was my second day playing online an im up to level 22 i think. Points an cash add up SO MUCH faster online on harder diff,, had no clue till my first online game *shakes head* Fun game for sure

14. erik

erik MG Donor

The peach colored swat or whatever guys with the helmets? They're TERRIBLE, you have to get headshots.

The tasers & dozers... just hit "F" and keep them TAGGED so ppl know to attack them. The shields are hard too.

MEssage me when ur ready to play, I can show you some tips.

15. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Game is fucked, so many people cheating now.

16. erik

erik MG Donor

Really? What are you seeing?

[email protected] treats the reports seriously... Almir Listo, the (more or less) "Marvel" of Payday 2, always hears everyone out.

17. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Tested it myself, it's really easy to cheat with the LUA scripts (instant lvl 100, all skills, all weapons, god mode, unlimited ammo etc) and it's impossible to get banned as the game has no anti-cheat engine like VAC.

You see ppl put 500 sentry guns on the ground, open safes in 1 second or just bypass the entire alarm.

I don't want to post cheats but most of them are here (and can be easy googled):

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5491462&sid=2dd0338f0868865ae553ec57a699fda5

I also found out that entire crime.net is bullshit. You think crime.net is a network of servers? It's not. It's just you who's hosting the game and the missions are just random generated which makes it look impressive but it's not. There are scripts as well to force any mission on any difficulty.

18. Bevis

Bevis Guest

Sadly i cant run it. thats why i play L4D2 so much. i tried the first one today and was too laggy couldnt shoot anybody

19. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

I'm addicted but stopped playing ever since the new patch. I really need some money to buy my skills...

20. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

Cops are really a bitch now after the latest update. Hard as fuck...

LOL cash issues ehh? I'm like level 53 with 10M cash an nothing really to spend it on. They've changed all the payout shit so it'll prolly be harder to build up cash flow. :(

I dont use a cheat myself for any games but definitely see ppl using them(even in L4D2). LAME LAME LAME, get a fucking life or some skillz ;) or both preferably