1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Adrenaline needs a rework

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Mute, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

So I think the majority of gamers here agree, that once you get the Adrenaline Run buff, adrenaline itself is pretty much useless. I feel the main reason for it is because if you use adrenaline before or whilst adrenaline run is in effect, it cancels out adrenaline run, thus making people not wanting to use it. I feel if this bug is fixed, so that using adrenaline run doesn't remove the buff effect, it would be used more. Additionally, if, after being brought back to life, a tank is still around, perhaps make using adrenaline re-activate adrenaline run?

Just some thoughts after seeing how many times I've passed off adrenaline for pills. Hell, sometimes I just pass it on and would rather hold nothing so I don't accidentally use it when a tank is around.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

So if a tank is active, and you use a adren shot, it removes the adren run tank buff once the adren shot wears off? I cannot believe I have never seen that...

I mostly pick up adren shots to give to new users on any maps with water so they can haul ass. I will try to test this bug when I can get on tonight.

3. Mute

From what I remember (I haven't used it in ages), yeah, it's exactly that, once the duration of the used adrenaline wears off, adrenaline run doesn't get re-activated.

4. chompski

chompski Junior Member

I really prefer that adrenaline run buff just give us speed boost rather than the adrenaline effect. Mainly because my FPS became super shit when the adrenaline buff goes on...although mute's add-ons helped a lot ^^ (but still lower my fps quite a bit)

5. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah that's exactly what happens.

6. Mute

This reminds me... I was supposed to update it, as I think I found a way to further reduce the particle count, but also make the particles red again so you can see when it is active.

As well as this, I have another mod which reduces various other particle effects (smoke, fire, explosions) that I could release as well.

7. chompski

chompski Junior Member

please do, my laptop had so many problems with fps heh...i tried maximize performance over quality somehow it lower my fps instead of increasing it...