1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

About the tanks on Coop servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom1993, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

A lot of people have been complaining about the special tanks spawn rate being too low, and I can see the reason for it now. However i don't want you to think of this thread as a complaint, it's more of a suggestion. We have 15 tanks but why does only 5 of them spawn? For the last days on coop the only tanks you see are normal ones, bombers, metalized and drainers, and if lucky maybe paranoia. It is starting to get a bit boring to fight the same tanks over and over again. How low are the chances of tier 2 tanks and above to spawn? It feels like the percentage is significiantly lower than it used to be. I really love playing on coop but fighting the same tanks every time isn't that much fun nor challenging. And most of the time the average level is over 150 but still we get the same tanks. If we have 15 tanks it would be great if they all spawned, and not just 5 of the weakest ones every time. Where is the variation? When i came back on august i saw atleast 1 tier 2 tank each day and that was really fun. Could you consider raising the chances of other tanks to spawn? Thanks for reading, this post, and feel free to post your thoughts about this below :)

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Once the Supreme Tanks are unveiled and if one is beaten, a gamer has seen all there is to see at MG. We will keep those Roots-Only to spawn for now. If gamers get to fight everything and always have a chance at everything, they'll get bored. The mystique will be gone.

I am literally seeing people say these kinds of things:

- "ugh, another knight???"
    - "ugh, another shaman???"

That's supposed to be one of the most exciting parts of MG. REALLY REALLY BAD when someone says that stuff. This tells me we shouldn't have them spawn on every map (Tanks period) and we actually have WAYYY too many special tanks as it is. Unless it has been changed, special special tanks (supremes) need to stay roots-only.

Sure, let there be variety, but whatever gets changed, the payouts will need to be adjusted accordingly. You guys get cash & xp like that of someone with a booster. I saw a level 90 gamer go to level 116 in one day just by playing a lot. No booster, nothing; that's nuts. It's saturating the fuck out of PR and makes me wonder "Why even have the store?" If you want more specials, we'll need to make the payout more realistic.

I get what you're saying though. Drainer. Metallized. Drainer. Bomber. Metallized. Bomber. Drainer. It gets a bit old fast. I agree with that part.

3. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

I totally agree with this, the last thing we want is to lose our donors who are helping to keep the servers running. Lower the rewards of the special tanks, and make them spawn more often sounds really great.

4. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I'd be well in favour of lowering the payouts if it meant higher tier tanks spawning a bit more often, cause i think we can all agree on the lower tiers getting old fast as you put it. :)

5. dikew

dikew Member

yeah its kinda boring to fight the same tanks over and over, i ain't see shaman nor knight for 4 days, even we have like 90% 200+ players, and i'm sure they all have tank lure buff. as for the lowering rewards and make them spawn more often, i think i agree with that.

6. Ian

Ian MG Donor

Would be great if there is at least a high tier-ed tank at least once per map

map = the whole thing not just 1 part