1. Click here to join our community discord server.

A suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaLi, Sep 19, 2013.

1. TaLi

TaLi Guest

i'm sure it's been discussed plenty of times before :P
    but it hasn't changed so, i just randomly thought about something after playing a vanilla game.

the !mapvote is a very cool idea i agree, its fun to skip cold stream and other long boring maps.. however in return we have been playing the same maps over and over and over again.. carnival, sacrifice, it's boring :( but i understand why people choose them, they get to fight decent tanks and get good rewards at the end

when playing a vanilla game on the second map of dead center the tank spawned and it suddenly clicked with me that that's part why people like the sacrifice so much, cause the original first tank still spawns there unlike in dead center where the first tank is disabled, so they get to fight one more tank in this campaign (it never crossed my mind before :P)

so, i was thinking, what if somehow it was possible to add tanks to other maps that arent being played as much because they are super long and have bad tank fighting finales?
    surely it would make people want to play these maps more..
    and there are some pretty cool tank fighting spots along the many maps of the different campaigns that would be really fun to go into, plenty of parking lots and graveyards...! it would be even more fun if it just happened randomly throughout the game, not knowing if it will be on the first second or third map of the campaign.

it doesnt even have to be special tanks, just maybe a surprise double tank attack that will catch survivors and rushers (!!) off guard and give us a thrill and some extra fun.

it might even make the !mapvote useless and bring back the normal map rotation where we will play all maps one after the next, unless a donor calls a vote to change map.. that would be cool as well

thanks for reading, hope you have a nice weekend ahead..

* a very chilled TaLi =D *

2. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

3. what attracts new players to mgftw are features that other servers do not have, fighting special tanks is one of them especially as they get more higher level.

and also if there is something that shows you the last 3 maps played so that we wont keep choosing the same maps over and over

4. TaLi

TaLi Guest

thanks, i try :)

5. TaLi

TaLi Guest

yeah i wasnt talking about finales at all, just thought it might be nice to add random tanks along the progress of the campaign. One more tank is all it takes really to give it a little twist. maybe just put the probability of it happening out there, not knowing in which campaign and on which map of the campaign. i dunno i think it would be pretty cool and unique to the server as well.

6. Duncan

Duncan New Member

7. TaLi

TaLi Guest

i might be confused but i think u were talking about spawn rate of special tanks at finales? i dunno :P
    and yes other maps would be much more fun to play with more tank spawn locations

i remember when i first started playing mg a map would take the team a good hour to finish and it would be very rewarding and lots of fun, but nowadays its all about the rush to the finale tanks, we finish a full campaign in 25 minutes its not very challanging i suppose.. just running all the time

8. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

I see ;)

9. Duncan

Duncan New Member

"I would like to add a few facts to consider about coop:

[.....]

- Maps like Dead Center / The Passing / the parish are avoided for the reason you cant fight tanks there (I think that can be "fixed" by adding 1 or 2 tank fights in the last maps before finales......
    "

I think my point was valid, even if it was made in another topic. But I guess ppl with read it now that it is in a separate thread.

10. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

As far as I remember, there was a time when there was random tanks spawn in every map. It didn't work out well for few reasons. One was that, some players hated it because when they're starting at the first map, they just see the first infected to be a shaman tank or something. It was too random though.
    Second reason was cause of the saferoom farming. You can actually glitch tanks or lock them in SR or something like that to exploit/farm. Not that everyone would do that but we can't keep an eye all the time.
    Moreover there were posts against admins who spawned tanks randomly in any map. That is when people didn't like the idea of that cause they weren't prepared probably.
    Also there have been posts in past regarding the new co-op being a little hard to play with all the powerful witches and other infected and putting more tanks in maps might spoil the teamwork even more.
    Good suggestion though, if its considered in a good way but we have to see the bad stuff as well. That's just my opinion though :)

11. perhaps you can limit the type of tank and the locations that they could spawn?&nbsp;<br>no crazy shaman and above for non finale maps etc.

12. TaLi

TaLi Guest

right lets break these reasons down
    1)it doesnt have to be in the first map where people are really unprepared and have no bounty
    2)just because there is a possibility of people farming doesnt mean anything, people are farming as we speak and will find ways to farm anywhere if its so important to them to do so
    3)when admins spawned tanks they usualy spawned special tanks and gave a bit of a heads up to the team to let them know whats coming, also supplied them with medkits ect. this is a completely different thing.
    4)powerful SI and witches are also not a reason for this not to happen. they are a part of the flow of the game now and we know how to work with/around them, unless the team demons or the new players mess it up on pourpose or not.

and of course we can see bad stuff in everything if we really put our mind to it and try really hard.. but sometimes we can see the good stuff and agree that its worth a shot.

13. erik

erik MG Donor

You posted about COOP being too hard before. Now, I'm hearing the exact opposite. Tanks in the wrong places can and will glitch and be exploited as such. The inconsistency makes it a bit unclear what it is that you want.

14. TaLi

TaLi Guest

there are a lot of things that make coop very hard but with a good team its still fun to play. nobody wants to keep dying over and over and with that u cant argue.
    theres still the issue with MF, the witches keep killing the same main over and over and over its frustrating and annoying, the weird deaths that cause you to be unable to be deffibed.
    but this is irrelevant.
    the suggestion was to increase the appeal in playing maps other than 1) sacrifice 2) carnival 3) crash course.
    it's becoming really really boring to do these maps all the time.
    there is no "inconsistency" and it isnt about what i "want"
    i still think spit is insane, no rescue and no defibs are not fun, and its within my right to think so. but i still play and enojy the game because the people around make it fun and worth staying in spec till next map.
    if the tanks idea causes glitches and is beyond repair then i agree it shouldnt be implimented but i think its worth a shot. farmers and exploiters exist but as far as i've seen the majority of the team doesnt stand for it and will kick a teamplayer for holding up a game.

at the same time i know what your next reply is going to be and that this will be forever lost in the mg players suggestion box. i just thought its a cool idea and it would add a lot to the game.