1. Click here to join our community discord server.

a suggestion about unbalanced scramble in pr vs

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by IoRuS, Mar 8, 2012.

1. IoRuS

IoRuS Junior Member

its frustating to be in the lower lvl team against 6 players 200+ and only 1 in the other team.

so this is my suggestion, make the scramble time up to at least 30 seconds or a minute to give time to people who has a slow join in the server and make the saferoom door unable to be opened after 20 seconds after the scrambled is made so people who got team switched can reequip his/her best equipment configuration and to prevent rushing.

i've seen servers where the saferoom door is blocked till some time has passed so i dont think its so hard to make. if so forget my post here.

2. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Team scrambling has always been a hassle and the algorithm was already changed and adapted to the demands that were made by the gameplay. I believe it's based on the team scores and level average difference of both teams.

3. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

auto-scramble should be based on last map points difference and then lvl difference ,if the points difference of last map is not much and both teams have same players(like 9 vs 9 or not many players left game) then there should not be scramble for that map and even if some players left game then it should be left to players to call a votescramble or auto-votescramble,for now this auto-scramble scramble even if teams had close game last map and dont want teams get scrambled.One more thing this auto-scramble does not work in first map of campaign when it needed most because most players left game after one campaign finish and sometimes not even say teams are alright just say lvl diff 400 .. thats it, no scramble even if lvl diff of teams is huge and you cant even vote scramble after this,it says team seem balanced.

4. IoRuS

IoRuS Junior Member

i dont think the scramble works bad, but many times it works before the most high lvls join so they all get on one team to destroy the other,i dont say they do it on purpose (there are some trollers who like to that though) but most people dont hit the !players key to see if there's an unbalanced team to try an balance it. thats why i said to extend the time before scramble and block the saferoom so trollers CANT rush out and give time to all the people on the server be on stage before scramble.

i think everyone agrees that waiting is not an issue if both infected and survivor have to wait to get an equal enfrentation with the other team, except for trollers with the saying something like "i dont want to wait cause im ready and if the rest isnt its not my problem" but thats not teamplay at all, and i think we all agree thats one of the things we try to promote

now that you mention it i saw that happen a lot also, another bug i guess.

some other players and me have been taking the habit to hit !players after all the players joined to see the unbalance of the teams, and then switch to the lower lvl team to try and balance it. its tedious i know but its the only actual way to balance versus a little bit, so everyone who sees this try to put it in practice if you already arent, at least till a solution from hc comes.

5. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

the problem is that infected are locked in the saferoom too,so it's extra advantage for survivors

6. IoRuS

IoRuS Junior Member

Maybe an autoteleport outside the saferoom in spawn mode for infected?. Or im dreaming too much impossible programing? (not sarcastic btw, i dont know too much about programing)

7. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

I remember It was possible to spawn outside saferoom by pressing e button but It was really annoying to press It like 1000 times

8. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

Just freezing survivors for 20 sec would be a good idea and it will also solve bug of playes getting stuck in black screen in start of some maps and get kicked for afk bec of some slow loaders and even if it load after some time half of the team get kicked or one team already played.

9. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

I should point out that it would also be a nessesary to reset the team scores after each scramble (or the scramble algorithm's interpretation of the scores) to avoid one of the present issues where a large point gap will cause a scramble every round.

10. Ping

Ping Guest

We need this changed now.. It has been really annoying me for ages. Maps where our team is doing good, as well as the other team, and we have good teamwork, then the teams scramble and it just gets all messed up, one sided, no teamwork.

Honestly i would say disable it for the moment until it can be changed and just let the vote scrambles scramble

11. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

It was turned off at one point and everyone ended up voting no for the vote scramble and the teams ended up being stacked. :{

12. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

This is a problem in VI not in PR bec in pr we always try to balance teams even by switching to a weak team or team with less players but when i played VI with some regulars for 1-2 hours for a change and to see how good there team work is after listening to many players and reading thread some time ago, there was always like all regulars vs new players and regulars winning every round with huge margin with great team work lol,in the start of round it was 10 vs 9 then at the end of round it become 10 vs 6-7.I called vote scramble every map as there was no auto scramble but it was like 55 -60% press no.Even if 1-2 regular bec of slow loading moved to other team then they just goes !spec and wait for free slot in their team even one admin does that lol and i even said what the fun you get raping new players,you does not like close game
    ?and they not even answering about unbalanced teams .Then i wait for whole campaign to finish thinking that they might not wanna get scramble between campaign and when new campaign start i again called votescramble it again failed thanks to one team pressing no.There were 2-3 admins in same team which i dont wanna name them but i asked them to force scramble but noone answer and continued playing,then i had no option just to quit playing Vi and never join that server again .Sorry for bad english. :)

13. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

seems like you're talking about "another" VI lolz.When I play here I always see friendly players which came there to have fun.So if scramble is needed they press yes, if team are stacked there are always guys which will switch to losing team etc.

14. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

I played in usa VI and there was 2-3 admin in same team and never force scramble or press yes in vote even after so many request from me, even in next campaign the teams were same as before all regulars in same team vs new players like me in VI , then i just quit playing.I can even name them but dont wanna do it .Last time played there was like 5-6 monts ago then never join again. The score diff at the end of that campaign was 1k + and every map 7-8 survivors making it to saferoom from that team and we were not even making half of map.

15. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

So what you're saying is that even though the majority of players in game do not want a scramble as evidenced your failed vote scramble votes, the admins have to scramble just because you want it? Am I understanding you correctly?
    Dude, just play. Playing on the crappy team sucks but you must be experienced enough to know that no amount of scrambling is ever going to ensure good games. It only takes one or two crappy players (that maybe only play every 5-6 months... gee, I wonder who?) to imbalance the teams. Just and get better. Use a mic and encourage others to use theirs. Oh, and quit the goddamn vote scrambles. We scramble at start of new campaigns when needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

16. Nova

Nova Senior Member

What he's saying is that if one team has the clear advantage, that's already basically 10x no thus a vote fail so there is no fairness in votescrambling, and he is saying the admins aren't doing anything to help counter this problem.

I've noticed a big difference between the atmosphere on VI US and EU (avil seems to have only tested VI EU lol), but even if you lose it's still a team game and you gotta play to get better, which will never happen if you quit halfway through. Losing forges your endurance and you'll only get better faster if you persist in playing

17. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

i played that whole campaign thinking that admins or other team dont want scramble in mid campaign and our team loose it with 1k + point difference at the end, it was like new players joining our team every round but they had same 7-8 players playing that whole campaign and 1 admin load slow in 1 map and someone switch and take his spot then that admin just go spectate and waited for free spot in his team.When new campaign start same players in that team and i again call votescramble and it failed bec they had the majority and i again asked admin to force scramble but no response,i said VI need autoscramble seriously and have fun with easy wins and then quit after that experience i get why ppl say they have great teamwork bec they always play together in same team raping other team , put 7-8 210 lvl players vs low lvls in pr and you will also see great team work in that team.

18. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Have you played on both VI servers? I find the EU server to be very amiable and quite passive when it comes to gameplay. But then again, I'd rather play with bots than players because I truly believe bots play the game better than any human player (They help, they don't abandon the team, they don't rush, they don't shout on the mic, they don't whine, and they're expendable lol)

Btw the PR thing is false. if you put 7-8 lvl 210 players on the same team, they will all fight for spitter/tank and who kills who :P

19. Ping

Ping Guest

I'd rather stacked teams than a scramble every round..

There are some people that if the teams are stacked that switch to balance, one i know is alex(oceandriver) on multiple occasions if he is asked

We need more people like this

:likememe:

Also, the majority of times i have seen unbalanced teams and people call a vote, most have voted yes and it has succeeded.. i guess it's one of those things you have to count on the people for

20. IoRuS

IoRuS Junior Member

Thread problem comes also when the scramble has already been done before all players are on and you cant call it again, about switching im one of those who changes also to balance isildur too after i yell to his ear till he finally pays attention lol, the best way is to hit !players and change if you are in the high lvl team, we have to make more people aware of this and if you dont do it try it even if youre 210 or not its more fun with balanced teams because its just rape and the round lasts less that way