1. Click here to join our community discord server.

the War Z zombie MMO pulled from steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by joerve, Dec 19, 2012.

1. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Looks like valve wasnt paying any attention when they released the War Z through steam. This seems to be nothing more than a scam. Look at this interview with the developer

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Pressure on valve mounted up bigtime so they decided to pull it from steam, and they will likely refund people who bought it.

I think a couple of heads are gonna role soon as steams reliability is now undermined.

2. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

3. Captain Obviuos

Captain Obviuos MG Donor

Poor Sergey -- he has learned a hard lesson: It is best to think before one speaks. :X

4. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Or don't announce the completion of a game before it's complete :P

5. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

6. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

Wow, what a douche. If I had read this before, I would have never bought the fucking game. Or if I had known that he is behind that abomination called Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Besides that, The War Z is not that good either, Dayz is far superior (despite its flaws). Damn I'm pissed right now!!!

7. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Glad I'm stingy with my money right now :D

8. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I agree, but if you do choose to release a beta through steam, make sure you are telling the truth.
    And if you are steam, make sure the developer lives up to his promises before you release a game.

Trust is hard won and easily lost.

9. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I knew that game was bad news from the start. An obvious rip-off of DayZ (even the name is similar "WarZ" vs "DayZ") and people were paying to play the beta and alphas. Now it's "released" and doesn't even have 50% of the listed features, what a joke!

DayZ as a standalone with a new animation system and better zombie pathing and all these features they wanted but couldn't do inside Arma2, that's the game you guys should be looking at buying and I don't think it will cost as much as WarZ because BIS aren't greedy.

10. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I don't have DayZ, but I will... But somehow I agree with you....

Any ideas if a standalone version of DayZ coming?

11. CrazyRabbit

DayZ standalone has been confirmed since about September. The first entry on the dev blog reads

"That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago." source - http://dayzdev.tumblr.com

It may get a foundation release by the end of year, although at this stage that will slip into next year to avoid releasing a bug ridden game.

The latest dev report from Nov 2012, lists the confirmed features (which are all amazing changes from the current mod version) and he also talks about Chet Faliszek (creator of L4D story/game etc) and the guys from Steam helping to support DayZ standalone even more when it's released via Steam.

Further down the page are images of buildings that have been adapted from Arma2 that can now be entered and furnished properly (worst part about DayZ was the lack of buildings that you could actually enter in a village, when the cities had so many but were more prone to bandits).

Here's the official website for the standalone game http://dayzgame.com/

12. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

DayZ standalone for sure. WarZ is just a ripoff from the mod to me.

13. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

14. CrazyRabbit

OMG! The latest patch changed the respawn time from 1hr to 4hrs or you can PAY to be revived?!?! WTF is this game..

Latest steam achievement for Sergey...

Make $500,000 through false advertising and doing whatever I want - achieved!

It's finally been removed from Steam.

15. Left4Bed

Left4Bed Guest

I am soooo glad I took a minute to ask in cbox about this, I almost got suckered into it too!
    Thanks guys! :D

16. CrazyRabbit

Now we have a US DayZ server, I'll be playing DayZ a lot more now. After you all get your refunds, you should get arma2 and dayz mod and join me :D

17. lukemurawski

Wish I could, but I don't have Steam anymore.

18. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

Wish I could get my refunds, but I bought the alpha from the Website. But I'm playing DAYZ a lot lately. I will join the mg servers eventually.

19. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

20. lukemurawski