1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Steam Cloud Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Medi-kal, May 7, 2011.

1. Medi-kal

Medi-kal MG donor

How the heck do i get rid of unwanted serves in my Steam Cloud?
    I have SimianCage servers -along with other servers that I've never
    played on- that I can't remove.
    How do i remove them?

2. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

They are as I understand related to the steam group(s) you have joined, so
    you would have to leave the steam group(s) that you no longer want to see
    the server(s) for.

If im wrong Im sure some one will correct me :)

3. Medi-kal

Medi-kal MG donor

I've already checked my Steam Groups, and I only belong to one group: Marvelous Gaming.
    There are no other groups.
    If i remove that group, then the whole steam cloud list disappears.... until I add it again.
    Then, the entire list comes back. :(

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, Steam Group numbers are very easy to get... for example, with simple website, a random Russian kid could steal our steam group numbers and add his own home made laggy server to our steamgroup..

Most people got their crappy servers to popular just becouse they leech our members by adding their bad servers on the list..

This is something, what Valve should fix.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

A lot of server admins are using our steam-group id in their server.cfg, that's the reason. We do the same btw with other groups, everybody does it.

The best thing you can do is use openserverbrowser. Open the console with (~) then type openserverbrowser, search for the servers you like and add them to your favorites :) You might have to enable developer console first btw in the keyboard options.

6. Medi-kal

Medi-kal MG donor

That explains how some other servers I've never even heard of before just start popping up on the list.
    Thanks.