1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Singapore server canceled as per 12/01/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Nov 19, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to inform you that our Singapore based server has been canceled. There are several reasons for this.

Most important reason is the price of the server. Singapore is our most expensive server at about $300/month.

Another reason is the support. There have been some network issues lately and support has been terrible.

So for now, it's canceled. We may come back in Asia at a later moment when we find a good and affordable host provider.

I'll keep you informed.

2. Thanks for the information,also i will wait till you got a good network provider i hope it fast because i cant play in EU and US im so laggy..... you know indonesia have a poor service provider at some area,once again thanks for the information sorry for my bad english

3. oh man.. how bout a server in malaysia instead?

4. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

I bet the Indian server was costing less than the Singapore server

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

What are the prices in South Korea like?

6. soundpgood

soundpgood Junior Member

i was thinking about China may have the lowest price in the world, as you may know , cheap labour and cheap everything, and China is the center of the asian map, sorry for poor english, but i just suggest that.

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

The problem is not money alone the issue is that every server we start will be ddossed of the internet instantly, whether it's in south korea or India it doesn't matter.

What we need to do is re-write the PR mod (which is in progress right now) so that we don't need dedicated servers any longer to run PR and we can just go with a cheap game hosting provider for a couple of 10$ a month.

Imagine if we pay $270 now for Singapore each month we can host 9 game servers around the world for that amount.