1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Rules and their interpretation by MG admins and players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokke1982, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

So..I am bored, I got a 4h ban from Erik for not putting up with low lvl griefers and general incompetence...and guess what...i am going to analyze and exemplify how the rules are bent both by players and admins in the name of a non existent concept of "fun". This post is based on MG Server Rules (Updated June 9th, 2012)

Before i start i will give a little example. On a team of 10 with 5 lvl 150+ and 5 noobs (up to lvl 100). the noobs do all they can to ruin the "fun" of the other players...I ask why is their fun more important than ours?Answer, anyone?...no answer, I thought so....

Let us start. I am not going to go through all the rules, just the relevant ones:

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*][COLOR=lime][U][B]Team Killing[/B][/U][B][COLOR=red].[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=deepskyblue]
    [/COLOR]
    [/LIST]

[LEFT][COLOR=#00BFFF]Excessive, on purpose damaging other players on your team (including yourself) will result in a kick and temporary ban without warning.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

This relates to rushing mostly. You have Newbie McNoob rushing and as a result he gets half his team killed. What rules say is that they should be kicked/banned. Does it happen...Negatory. I have heard explanations like
    Code:
    they are new, they are...bla bla, don't know yet.
    If half those useless excuses for player would bother reading said rules we wouldn't have that issue. I do it to prove a point, I get a ban? Fair treatment you say? I my dreams maybe....

Code:
    [LIST]
    [*][COLOR=lime][B][U]Rushing[/U][COLOR=red].[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
    [/LIST]

[COLOR=darkorange]B[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]an up to 4 hours with out warning, or current admins choice[COLOR=red].[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Yeah..that will happen most likely "ad calendas graecas". For those of you unfamiliar with the term it means pretty much "when pigs fly", or "on the 29th of February,every year except leap years", or any other expression that can be roughly interpreted "Never, ever No effing way"

Again see previous explanation....not worth writing it all over again. On rare cases I have seen an admin initiated kick. on tonight's game, Erik was kind enough to move one switcher to the original team and kick/ban me for the same infraction.....And they say justice is blind!!!

AND NOW, Le Piece Du Resistance

Nowhere in the rules as presented here http://mgftw.com/wiki/index.php/Rules#Marvelous_Gaming_Rules

or here http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/2-MG-Server-Rules-(Updated-June-9th-2012)

is there a mention about votekicking. So according to MG rules as posted on their wikipedia, votekicking other players for whatever reason
    IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES

So, my beloved becalm, i can be banned for inappropriate/offensive language/name-calling and other issues but if you play by MG rule I CANNOT BE BANNED FOR VOTEKICKING WHOEVER I WANT!!!!!!

As latins say "quod erat demonstratum". I rest my case and await arguments, whether they are pro or against what I said here. Using actual facts and quotes from MG rulebook do try and prove me wrong. I dare ya.

P:S: just to avoid situations like: adding it to the rules after my post i took some screen-shots. therefore no one can say "it was there but you didn't see it"

have fun.....

2. Traxx

Traxx MG Donor

First!

3. Votekick

Votekick MG Donor

Cool Story Bro

4. Sheila

Sheila MG Donor

^

5. Traxx

Traxx MG Donor

Biggest fans of smokke right there

6. erik

erik MG Donor

I asked you to stop doing what you were doing.

I handled the team-switchers.

You returned after a kick (cursing-out new gamers, etc., after being asked to stop,) for Ignoring Admins.

I was called to that server b/c of your abusive attitude. You got a 4hr ban, as that's sufficient for the issues we discussed and that took place. Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.