1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Reserved spectator slots gone.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Aug 17, 2010.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it's removed. It was randomly kicking ppl even with 80% full servers so I had to remove it.

2. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Re: Reserved spectator slots gone.

I'm not sure if to be happy or sad.
    I have a 22 hours connection time yet I still get fooled by that slot.

But it means admins would have to take a slot to watch possible hackers and abusers/spammers.

I hope it wont affect the server badly

3. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

it will be how it was, if its an hacker thats blatenly doing it ( i can see all scores out of game :lol: ) then i would kick the lowest scorer to then spectate the hacker, while recording to you tube his steam profile.

But saying that, no admin would kick a player (even if - score or connection lowest time) to gain a slot.

Altho best case in any hacker with in a server, just call for a |MG| member, all trusted |MG| members are found here -
    http://www.marvelous-gaming.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=4

4. Re: Reserved spectator slots gone.

Problem was in auto-join. When i was joining as spec,at next lvl i was auto assigned to surv/inf. Then person who connected at end was going to spec and server was kicking him.

5. GAM3R 1334

GAM3R 1334 Junior Member

"it will be how it was, if its an hacker thats blatenly doing it ( i can see all scores out of game ) then i would kick the lowest scorer to then spectate the hacker, while recording to you tube his steam profile."

Remember that many players can play on a server with nonSteam Left 4 Dead
    They are the best in RIP ..(Skullptura and madwiggyNLD)

6. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Very nice! it was fooling many people..

but also, now admin has to wait to get in, if someone spots cheater inside the server. (which is bad of course).

7. Popshotz

Popshotz Guest

Could a spot be made that ONLY an admin can take?

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I tried that. You can set sv_visiblemaxplayers on 20, while sv_maxplayers is 21 so the reserved slot isn't visible. But then I noticed a lot of players use the console to connect to our servers and fill up the 21th slot anyway.

So it's not possible, because the server only knows you're admin when you join first, so it has to kick you anyway if you are not.

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Will the donor reserved slots work in the same way as this?